Windows 10: Can someone tell me what my PC is downloading from these IP Addresses?

Discus and support Can someone tell me what my PC is downloading from these IP Addresses? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] I have always wondered what processes keeps on hogging my internet connection as Windows isnt updating or AV is not updating. So upon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Newbie032, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Newbie032 Win User

Can someone tell me what my PC is downloading from these IP Addresses?

Can someone tell me what my PC is downloading from these IP Addresses? [​IMG]

I have always wondered what processes keeps on hogging my internet connection as Windows isnt updating or AV is not updating.
    So upon looking at resource monitor, PC is connected to those 3 IP addresses and is actively downloading something. Upon checking out at iplookup, those 3 IP Addresses are registered with my ISP, Globe Telecom PH. I am just wondering why my PC is downloading whatever from those 3 IP Addresses.

Thanks!

:)

Newbie032, Dec 16, 2016

2. Can someone tell me what these are all about!

Hi Have 178 applications. I know that's a lot of bloatware, but it isn't bothering me. When it does I'll uninstall it LOL! Is that what Reliability Monitor is showing every day??

garybear89, Dec 16, 2016
  3. Can someone tell me what these are all about!

Hi Can someone tell me what these 160 Successful Application Configured up entries are all about. I get them every day.

I'm not having any problems as you can see my Reliability Monitor is almost error free except for one IE failed to load error. I'm just curious about these and wondering what they are all about.

Thank you!

gb89

garybear89, Dec 16, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Dec 16, 2016
  5. N9NU Win User
    The downloading very well maybe Windows itself and it's nasty attempt to collect your meta data (seriously) or possible windows updates...which it does automatically now a days. It also updates that new Metro/Tile services and data..ya know that ugly, useless black tiled area (my opinion of course). Windows Update can run even if you don't necessarily see 'wupdate' or other reference to it within the task manager.

I would check out your 'Telemetry' and diagnostic 'phone home' settings shown in your 'Settings' control panel under Privacy. I disabled all but a few and that's it.

You have to leave a few things checked in order for MS to keep you PC-Jacked via the Insider Preview program...otherwise you won't receive updates.

With respect to 'svrhost' (Service Host), you will always see several of those running within the task manager. Each little app/service/program that has anything to do with the 'Internet' and/or 'LAN' connection and/or needing to phone home for data mining, etc, etc, will claim a 'svrhost' entry within the list. That is normal.

Tim
    ARS

P.S. Are any of those your IP's specifically?

6. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, Dec 19, 2016
  7. AddRAM Win User
    I have quite a few ip addresses listed there too.

I don`t think they are downloading anything.

You can right click and end the service, but you`ll get a popup warning.

Disable your NIC for a few seconds and relaunch Resource Monitor and they`ll all be gone *Biggrin of course.

What Is svchost.exe and Why Is It Running?

What do you see happening here ?

AddRAM, Dec 19, 2016
  8. AddRAM Win User

I would just watch what happens here with your browser closed, it should remain at 0 or at least close to 0

AddRAM, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can someone tell me what my PC is downloading from these IP Addresses? - Similar Threads - someone tell downloading

2. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?: As of yesterday my computer screen has been flickering and blinking and freezing after I turn it on and use it for a little while. At first I thought it was just one of the apps I opened, so I restarted and the same issue appeared again. I tried looking online for solutions...
  3. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?: As of yesterday my computer screen has been flickering and blinking and freezing after I turn it on and use it for a little while. At first I thought it was just one of the apps I opened, so I restarted and the same issue appeared again. I tried looking online for solutions...
  4. Can someone tell me what's causing the crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what's causing the crash?: For the last two days, I've had my PC crashing three times. I've looked online how to find out the cause of the crash using WinDbg, and this is what it says when opening the most recent dump file crash. I don't know how to read it properly to know the cause of the issue, so...
  5. Can someone tell me what's causing the crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone tell me what's causing the crash?: For the last two days, I've had my PC crashing three times. I've looked online how to find out the cause of the crash using WinDbg, and this is what it says when opening the most recent dump file crash. I don't know how to read it properly to know the cause of the issue, so...
  6. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  7. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  8. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can someone tell me what's happening to my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what's happening to my RAM?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alanmorgan_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhascs/can_someone_tell_me_whats_happening_to_my_ram/
  10. Can someone tell me what are those files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what are those files: Screenshot Today I decided to look around folders and discs on my new pc to clean old files and things that didn't uinstall and I found these files in C:/ProgramData folder. What are those, can I delete them safely and why are they created there? Im not too smart but I think...