Windows 10: can someone tell me whats going on w/ my icons, and which way is right

Discus and support can someone tell me whats going on w/ my icons, and which way is right in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I just reinstalled onedrive on all my pc's and it brought something to my attention. This is my users folder on my main pc (and my other desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Apr 14, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

can someone tell me whats going on w/ my icons, and which way is right

So I just reinstalled onedrive on all my pc's and it brought something to my attention.

This is my users folder on my main pc (and my other desktop mirrors it appearance wise)

can someone tell me whats going on w/ my icons, and which way is right [​IMG]

This is my users folder on my laptop (sorry for the quality i took the SS while KVM'd in and so it was zoomed/blurry)

I presume the laptop is actually the way theyre supposed to look? Why do mine all look like folders? Funny part is it translates to the icons that are placed in my start menu when a program updates too. AKA the laptop gets the onedrive icon that looks like a blue cloud, whereas on my desktop it creates an icon shortcut that looks like the folder with the tiny blue cloud.

Anyone know whats going on?

the only ones that show as icons are the ones ive added myself more or less. I tried properties > customize > change icon > restore defaults. Unfortunately it changes nada.

referring to things like contacts, dropbox, onedrive, links, saved games, searches, etc.

my library folders (downloads/pictures/vids etc, are all moved into my dropbox folder and those are showing the proper icons)

:)

klepp0906, Apr 14, 2020
  2. klepp0906 Win User

So I just reinstalled onedrive on all my pc's and it brought something to my attention.

This is my users folder on my main pc (and my other desktop mirrors it appearance wise)

This is my users folder on my laptop (sorry for the quality i took the SS while KVM'd in and so it was zoomed/blurry)

I presume the laptop is actually the way theyre supposed to look? Why do mine all look like folders? Funny part is it translates to the icons that are placed in my start menu when a program updates too. AKA the laptop gets the onedrive icon that looks like a blue cloud, whereas on my desktop it creates an icon shortcut that looks like the folder with the tiny blue cloud.

Anyone know whats going on?

the only ones that show as icons are the ones ive added myself more or less. I tried properties > customize > change icon > restore defaults. Unfortunately it changes nada.

referring to things like contacts, dropbox, onedrive, links, saved games, searches, etc.

my library folders (downloads/pictures/vids etc, are all moved into my dropbox folder and those are showing the proper icons)

klepp0906, May 25, 2020
  3. Up down left right arrows

Hi Laura,.

I suggest you to check if the following steps helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the Windows key and Go to control panel.
    • On the upper right corner change the view by to small icon.
    • Click on mouse.
    • Then click on ‘wheel’ tab.
    • Set the values for horizontal and vertical scrolling.

and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 25, 2020
  4. can someone tell me whats going on w/ my icons, and which way is right

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. can someone tell me whats going on w/ my icons, and which way is right - Similar Threads - someone tell whats

2. Can someone tell me what is the name of this software?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what is the name of this software?: It's a green,red,blue ball in a white triangle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-is-the-name-of-this/eed271de-8662-48d3-aed3-389188570a0f
  3. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?: As of yesterday my computer screen has been flickering and blinking and freezing after I turn it on and use it for a little while. At first I thought it was just one of the apps I opened, so I restarted and the same issue appeared again. I tried looking online for solutions...
  4. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?: As of yesterday my computer screen has been flickering and blinking and freezing after I turn it on and use it for a little while. At first I thought it was just one of the apps I opened, so I restarted and the same issue appeared again. I tried looking online for solutions...
  5. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  6. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  7. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can someone tell me what the crapsicles is going on and how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone tell me what the crapsicles is going on and how to fix it?: Please someone tell me why my pc thinks I have 2 desktop folders with different icons in each technically, there are 3 folders if you include the 'public desktop' folder which has yet another, different, selection of icons and how to I amalgamate them or make them the same or...
  9. Can someone tell me what’s going on and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what’s going on and how to fix?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/02isBestGirl2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jj9ait/can_someone_tell_me_whats_going_on_and_how_to_fix/
  10. Can someone tell me what's happening to my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what's happening to my RAM?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alanmorgan_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhascs/can_someone_tell_me_whats_happening_to_my_ram/