Windows 10: Can someone tell me what's this? My taskbar is locked, two rows just to see the issue.

Discus and support Can someone tell me what's this? My taskbar is locked, two rows just to see the issue. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] submitted by /u/uranioh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fx6a8g/can_someone_tell_me_whats_this_my_taskbar_is/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/uranioh, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Can someone tell me what's this? My taskbar is locked, two rows just to see the issue.

/u/uranioh, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Louie Del Win User

Multi row taskbar settings are lost on reboot (explorer restart.)

Hi Matt,

The settings that you’ve made with the taskbar may haven’t retained due to software conflicts or an application is possibly causing the issue when you’ve set the multi-row in the taskbar. To learn more about your concern, we’d like to ask the questions
    below:

• Which Windows version and build is installed on your computer? To get this information, type
      winver in the search box.
    • Are you using any third-party applications that are pinned on your taskbar?

In the meantime, try to lock the taskbar after making the changes. Right-click the taskbar and select
    Lock all taskbar. Then, restart your computer and check if you'll see still see the multi-row. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Can someone tell me what's this? My taskbar is locked, two rows just to see the issue. b69110ee-62cd-424c-951b-4260381b1b77.jpg

We can also isolate this behavior by performing a clean boot. This will help us identify if there are applications that may cause the issue to change it from the default settings. Click
    here for the steps. Once you’re in the clean boot state, try
    to personalize the taskbar and restart your PC. Then, verify if the it will have the same result.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Notification Tray goes 1 row at logging in, eventhough the size of taskbar is 2 rows.

I notice this issue after I use Win10. I set the size of my taskbar to be 2 rows (then I lock it and set the autohide, but I don't think this is relevant for the issue). So naturally the notification tray also goes 2 rows.

However if I logged out or logged back in (or at [re]boot), while the taskbar size remains to be 2 rows, but it seems to be SLIGHTLY shorter and somewhat cause the notification tray is laid out as 1 row. I had to resize the taskbar every time, to get it
    back to 2 rows.

Anybody else has this issue? Or is there some work around?

Edoardo Tirtarahardja, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Can someone tell me what's this? My taskbar is locked, two rows just to see the issue.

Allow for 2 rows of icons in taskbar?

Hi Brink, thanks for the welcome.

locking/unlocking and adjusting the height/width of the taskbar is easy enough to do. But the issue I'm looking into is how to allow for 2 rows of icons within the taskbar.
    I don't have a Win7 machine available right now to snapshot for you, but in Win7 you could create multiple rows of icons within the taskbar. (I did find an image on Google close enough to reference)
    Can someone tell me what's this? My taskbar is locked, two rows just to see the issue. [​IMG]

Within Win10, we seem to have lost that feature. It appears that I can only have a single row of icons that will make you continue scrolling in a single line across the taskbar.

I'm just wondering if there's a way to allow multiple rows of icons in the taskbar again in Win10

jlindemann, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Can someone tell me what's this? My taskbar is locked, two rows just to see the issue.

1. Can someone tell me what's this? My taskbar is locked, two rows just to see the issue. - Similar Threads - someone tell what's

2. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?: As of yesterday my computer screen has been flickering and blinking and freezing after I turn it on and use it for a little while. At first I thought it was just one of the apps I opened, so I restarted and the same issue appeared again. I tried looking online for solutions...
  3. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?: As of yesterday my computer screen has been flickering and blinking and freezing after I turn it on and use it for a little while. At first I thought it was just one of the apps I opened, so I restarted and the same issue appeared again. I tried looking online for solutions...
  4. Can someone tell me what's causing the crash?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what's causing the crash?: For the last two days, I've had my PC crashing three times. I've looked online how to find out the cause of the crash using WinDbg, and this is what it says when opening the most recent dump file crash. I don't know how to read it properly to know the cause of the issue, so...
  5. Can someone tell me what's causing the crash?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can someone tell me what's causing the crash?: For the last two days, I've had my PC crashing three times. I've looked online how to find out the cause of the crash using WinDbg, and this is what it says when opening the most recent dump file crash. I don't know how to read it properly to know the cause of the issue, so...
  6. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  7. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me what this is?: Can someone tell me what this is ? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-tell-me-what-this-is/979e5309-7648-4832-9520-55361777e07c
  8. Can someone tell me what this is?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Can someone tell me what's happening to my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what's happening to my RAM?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alanmorgan_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhascs/can_someone_tell_me_whats_happening_to_my_ram/
  10. Can someone tell me what are those files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone tell me what are those files: Screenshot Today I decided to look around folders and discs on my new pc to clean old files and things that didn't uinstall and I found these files in C:/ProgramData folder. What are those, can I delete them safely and why are they created there? Im not too smart but I think...