Windows 10: Can someone tell me why I can't get into the recovery environment? Am I doing something wrong?

Discus and support Can someone tell me why I can't get into the recovery environment? Am I doing something wrong? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sashagreyhound [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sashagreyhound, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Can someone tell me why I can't get into the recovery environment? Am I doing something wrong?

/u/sashagreyhound, Sep 3, 2020

2. Missing Recovery Environment

Hi Alan,

Here is a link containing several useful suggestions to help you recover Windows 10. Since the error message that you got tells you to insert your Windows installation or recovery media. We suggest the perform the steps listed under
    Use a recovery drive to restore or reset your PC or you can also follow the steps under
    Use installation media to restore or reset your PC. Please see the link below for more details:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Sep 3, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to access Windows Recovery Environment normally

Some entries in the bcd for the recovery environment is either corrupted or missing. To fix the problem, you;d need to rebuild the entries for the recovery environment.
    Here's the steps:
    1. Turn on folder options to show hidden files/folders. Open admin command then type: reagentc /disable
      - This will move 2 files from the recovery partition reagent.xml and winre.wim to C:\windows\system32\recovery
    2. If you have the Windows 10 ISO, double click on it to mount to a virtual cd/dvd else If you have the Windows 10 USB then navigate to Sources folder and look for install.esd or install.wim.
    3. Use 7-ZIP to open install.esd or install.wim, select and index. eg. 6 then navigate to Windows\system32\recovery. You'd see 2 files: Winre.wim and reagent.xml.
    4. Remove everything from C:\windows\system32\recovery (ie. your current winre.win and reagent.xml)
    5. Copy the new winre.wim and reagent.xml from the install.esd/install.wim to C:\windows\system32\Recovery
    6. From admin command, type: ReAgentc /enable
    Reboot to recovery. This will also fix the problem with shutdown /r /o

topgundcp, Sep 3, 2020
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Can someone tell me why I can't get into the recovery environment? Am I doing something wrong?

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Can someone tell me why I can't get into the recovery environment? Am I doing something wrong?

1. Can someone tell me why I can't get into the recovery environment? Am I doing something wrong? - Similar Threads - someone tell why

2. Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone tell me what’s wrong with my laptop?: As of yesterday my computer screen has been flickering and blinking and freezing after I turn it on and use it for a little while. At first I thought it was just one of the apps I opened, so I restarted and the same issue appeared again. I tried looking online for solutions...
  3. Can someone tell me if this is normal? Am I hacked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone tell me if this is normal? Am I hacked?: Out of all the 20+ years of my life that I’ve used windows, not once has this ever happened to me. Am I hacked? I got hacked like a month ago, network wide. I cleared it, or so I thought. I was getting pinged and sniffed by IPs coming from China today and yesterday and the...
  4. Can someone tell me if this is normal? Am I hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone tell me if this is normal? Am I hacked?: Out of all the 20+ of my life that I’ve used windows, not once has this ever happened to me. Am I hacked? I got hacked like a month ago, network wide. I cleared it, it so I thought. I was getting pinged and sniffed by IPs coming from China. Someone educate me....
  5. Can someone tell me if this is normal? Am I hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone tell me if this is normal? Am I hacked?: Out of all the 20+ of my life that I’ve used windows, not once has this ever happened to me. Am I hacked? I got hacked like a month ago, network wide. I cleared it, it so I thought. I was getting pinged and sniffed by IPs coming from China. Someone educate me....
  6. I need help with this error, can someone tell me why to do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with this error, can someone tell me why to do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sad-Pension-1403 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u1hvhb/i_need_help_with_this_error_can_someone_tell_me/
  7. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this? How do i change it?

Can someone please tell me what is wrong with this? How do i change it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Itspoita [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4c0oy/can_someone_please_tell_me_what_is_wrong_with/
  8. Can anyone tell me why am I getting this?

Can anyone tell me why am I getting this?: This is what I get when searching. My web results are disabled in settings, so this is really strange. submitted by /u/Zeheson [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hq7whz/can_anyone_tell_me_why_am_i_getting_this/
  9. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/criticalbandana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h7ajw4/can_someone_tell_me_what_im_doing_wrong/
  10. Office: Can someone tell me what's wrong with this ad?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office: Can someone tell me what's wrong with this ad?: Can someone tell me what's wrong with this ad? Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus 5PC - softdealusa 147336