Windows 10: Can soneone who understands the entries in the sfc.log please look at just a sample of mine...

Discus and support Can soneone who understands the entries in the sfc.log please look at just a sample of mine... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having problems with my windows 10 home. For some reason a couple times a day my computer will restart for no reason. I couldnt find anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by P.A.-2021, Jan 17, 2022.

1. P.A.-2021 Win User

Can soneone who understands the entries in the sfc.log please look at just a sample of mine...

I am having problems with my windows 10 home. For some reason a couple times a day my computer will restart for no reason. I couldnt find anything really wrong. I started checking some of the log files right after restart and found that my os was crashing everytime it shut it down or when I restart or shutdown. I then tried sfc and cant believe all the problems. There is 950 lines of message in the sfc.log. I cant post the whole thing here so i pasted just the very beginning of the log then picked up more about 3/4ths of the way down where it keeps saying Warning over and over. What I find wei

:)

P.A.-2021, Jan 17, 2022
  2. lokic300 Win User

Call entries stuck in Nokia C3-00 call log

what i did is try to call the numbers in my log that have invalid selection over and over, before it connects i cancel it and call it again.. and after 10 calls or so i went to contacts>log.clear log lists>all call lists.. unfortunately i still have 1 invalid
    entry left.. but it did help.. just repeat the steps and eventually the log will clear.. if it doesnt work, delete the entry form contacts and call the entry from the log and do it over and over again then clear log... it worked for me.. i'm using nokia c3-00
    ver 7.20

lokic300, Jan 17, 2022
  3. HELP with SFC after DVD upgrade to 10 please

Messing around with the component store is tricky.

After you restore I suggest using Windows to correct the issue
    Do NOT run SFC until we're sure - that just puts you in a loop or worse

1. Programs and Features: Uninstall Avast

2. Run the Avast cleaner

3. Programs and Features: Make a note of what C++ redists are installed
      Uninstall all C++ redists (both x86 and x64 versions)
      Restart the machine
      Re-install the C++ redists (both x86 and x64 versions) from the MS link I gave you above that were installed
    4. Cleanup the image
      See: DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

Use step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command if you downloaded the ISO from Techbench

Use step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command if you used the Media Creation Tool
      Report back if DISM reported any errors - I'll need to look at the CBS log
    That's enough for now - those steps should clean up your machine. Remember, the only thing SFC reported was the reference to AVAST C runtime. Reinstalling MS C runtime should make them the SxS winners.

After you complete those steps, I'll ask you to look at a few other things before proceeding.
    Do NOT run SFC until asked ... you might have to divert from the path to fix something else

Slartybart, Jan 17, 2022
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Can soneone who understands the entries in the sfc.log please look at just a sample of mine...

SFC reports corrupt files that cannot be repaired

Hi Jay,

For to better assist you with the SFC reports issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Have you installed any Windows updates prior to this issue?
    • Please provide us a CBS logs for us to determine what is the file that cannot be repaired.
    To get the logs, please follow the steps below:

• Open a Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste findstr /c:”[SR]” %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >”%userprofile%\Desktop\sfclogs.txt”, then hit
      Enter. (This will create a sfclogs.txt file on your desktop).
    • Open the sfclogs.txt and check the result of SFC scan.
    Note: SFC cannot always fix corrupted files.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Can soneone who understands the entries in the sfc.log please look at just a sample of mine... - Similar Threads - soneone understands entries

2. WHO is Just Answer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHO is Just Answer?: I called the MS phone number shown online 18006427676. They tell me they no longer take calls but to go to a browser link to help.microsoft.comI did and I got a pop up screen for Just Answer. It started a chat and after I filled in my info, it wanted me to pay $5 for an...
  3. WHO is Just Answer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHO is Just Answer?: I called the MS phone number shown online 18006427676. They tell me they no longer take calls but to go to a browser link to help.microsoft.comI did and I got a pop up screen for Just Answer. It started a chat and after I filled in my info, it wanted me to pay $5 for an...
  4. Can soneone who understands the entries in the sfc.log please look at just a sample of mine...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can soneone who understands the entries in the sfc.log please look at just a sample of mine...: I am having problems with my windows 10 home. For some reason a couple times a day my computer will restart for no reason. I couldnt find anything really wrong. I started checking some of the log files right after restart and found that my os was crashing everytime it shut it...
  5. Can soneone who understands the entries in the sfc.log please look at just a sample of mine...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can soneone who understands the entries in the sfc.log please look at just a sample of mine...: I am having problems with my windows 10 home. For some reason a couple times a day my computer will restart for no reason. I couldnt find anything really wrong. I started checking some of the log files right after restart and found that my os was crashing everytime it shut it...
  6. Can some one help with this Wierd PowerShell event log entry, Please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can some one help with this Wierd PowerShell event log entry, Please: Looking through my power shell log i noticed a new entry: HostApplication=powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Restricted -Command $Res = 0; ifGet-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName IIS-WebServerRole.State -eq 'Enabled' { $Path = $env:windir +...
  7. Understanding DISM logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Understanding DISM logs: Hi, I am invoking DISM command from powershell script. I want the script to read the DISM log file and determine if DISM command was success or if there was error. For Error I know that DISM log file generated Error messages. Want to know what is the success message shown...
  8. Who can identify this graphics card by looking at it's chip?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Who can identify this graphics card by looking at it's chip?: Im just curious to know which graphics card this is View attachment 9023
  9. Who can read enclosed error log?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Who can read enclosed error log?: Hello every1: Is anyone here able to read enclosed error log? It was created right after very long try to start my PC (a tad old) which I upgraded from Win7 Ultimate some time ago. I've done it in safe mode after about 45 minutes since computer was turned on and I couldn't...
  10. Weird entries in CBS log after SFC /Scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird entries in CBS log after SFC /Scannow: Does anyone know what this is???? I have about 50 of them. "0000049a Error - Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory [l:23]"\??\C:\WINDOWS\bcastdvr" in component Microsoft-Media-Capture-Internal-BroadcastDVR, version 10.0.10586.11, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8...