Windows 10: Can start menu groups be made wider?

Discus and support Can start menu groups be made wider? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I currently use custom "wide" size live tiles as game shortcuts, and I would like to be able to make my "games" group wider or, ideally, turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by R3B3LCAUSE, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Can start menu groups be made wider?

I currently use custom "wide" size live tiles as game shortcuts, and I would like to be able to make my "games" group wider or, ideally, turn off grouping altogether because I only have games pinned. Are either of these things possible?

EDIT: This thread is NOT solved, please unmark it as such!!!

:)

R3B3LCAUSE, Oct 18, 2015

2. Can't Unpin any apps from Windows 10 Start Menu (Pin/Unpin option missing)

I ran the registry file, but the issue hasn't been changed for the user. The only difference that made is on the start menu, most used apps section is clear.

Is there any specific group policy that I can check in our system?

PuruBhattarai, Oct 18, 2015
  3. How can I create a new start menu group in Windows 10.

How can I create a new start menu group in Windows 10? I would like to make new groups to put sort apps into. Maybe a work around to not creating start menu folders.

Pinball_Dr, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Can start menu groups be made wider?

Only setting I know of is this:

Can start menu groups be made wider? [​IMG]

... changes medium tiles to a group of 4 instead of 3.

Edwin, Oct 18, 2015
  5. I just looked and I don't have the "show more tiles" option???

R3B3LCAUSE, Oct 18, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    Perhaps it's not available on Windows 10 Home Edition.

Welcome to the forums, btw! *Smile

Edwin, Oct 18, 2015
  7. bobjoe Win User
    Edwin, I believe it's only available on the Insider Build right now.

bobjoe, Oct 19, 2015
  8. Can start menu groups be made wider?

As bobjoe said, that feature is only available in the insider build. Instead of three medium tiles side by side it allows four medium, two wide or two large tiles side by side.

fracking4oil, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can start menu groups be made wider?

1. Can start menu groups be made wider? - Similar Threads - start menu groups

2. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  3. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  4. No More Groups in the Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No More Groups in the Start Menu?: Issue #2 that proved to be a deal-breaker for me, no more groups in the start menu. How is one to organize all the apps related to different genre's of application when you cannot group them?? I mean, this is the front window dressing, a display, an attractive feature as you...
  5. Is it possible to make the start menu thinner? I can make it wider or taller but just can't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to make the start menu thinner? I can make it wider or taller but just can't...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Soloftako [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m2gzgp/is_it_possible_to_make_the_start_menu_thinner_i/
  6. How do I make the Start menu wider?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make the Start menu wider?: Greetings, My computer crashed and I reinstalled Windows. My start menu is now only has a few tiles on it and I'm adding more. When I try to make it wider by dragging, it snaps back to its original width. How can I make it wider? Thanks, Shane. Windows 10 version 1909...
  7. Start Menu Groups

Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  8. More Groups on Start Menu

More Groups on Start Menu: I know how to add and remove things from the Start menu but is it possible to add more Groups? I can only see 4, which can be renamed, but I'd like a few more in order to organise my icons. 23789
  9. Defining groups in the Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Defining groups in the Start menu: In W8.1 it was possible to define groups of tiles with titles for each group on the start screen. Has anybody figured ot how to do that in the W10 start menu. 5276
  10. Group names on start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Group names on start menu: Is there a setting to remove "group names" and grouping on the start menu. To the right of the group name input box there is a "2 slice" hamburger that does not do anything except invite naming of the group. I would prefer to have free alignment if that is possible. 53954