Windows 10: Can stay online with Windows 10 and Xfinity wireless wifi-

Discus and support Can stay online with Windows 10 and Xfinity wireless wifi- in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My new Xfinity wireless wifi comes and goes off line all day long and I have to get it repaired until next time. New modem is working but tired of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PattiWaitman-Ingebretsen, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Can stay online with Windows 10 and Xfinity wireless wifi-

My new Xfinity wireless wifi comes and goes off line all day long and I have to get it repaired until next time. New modem is working but tired of unplugging to reset.

:)

PattiWaitman-Ingebretsen, Oct 26, 2019

2. New Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro Laptop Windows 10 - Cannot connect to Xfinity Wifi Hotspot

Hi - I'm not having this issue with any of my other devices or laptops. Only this one. I've already tried the solutions listed in the above link for Windows help. Please note that this is not a home network that I am having issues with so re-setting the
    routers, etc doesn't apply.

The problem is connecting the Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 to the Xfinity WiFi hotspot. I can connect to this Xfinity hotspot fine with my android device, my mac laptop, and my other PC laptop (all with old Windows 8.1 or older). So the Xfinity WiFi hotspot
    is working fine.

The issue is within the Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 and probably something to do with the wireless network adapter and driver. Or perhaps a pre-configured setting in Windows 10 that is not allowing the connection to the Xfinity WiFi hotspot.

To re-cap, the issue is that I can see the Xfinity WiFi pop up in my list of wireless networks, I click on it to 'Connect'. It spins for a while, but then simply states "Can't connect to this network". It doesn't give me a "limited connection" or anything.
    It simply rejects the connection. Something in Windows 10 is blocking it.

Please help.

Thank you.

mcvang0250, Oct 26, 2019
  3. provlima Win User
    Xfinity Wifi showing up in my routers available internet connections ?

I recently found that "xfinity wifi" is showing up in my available internet access list as an openly available option.
    I have comcast xfinity hi speed internet as my internet provider but have never had it show up on the routers available connections list before. The home network I set up years ago has a different name.

I am puzzled why this free open network has suddenly appeared in the list. As it requires no password I think there is a possibility its use might present a security risk
    Is this a new Xfinity feature??

provlima, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Aaron_Sum Win User

Can stay online with Windows 10 and Xfinity wireless wifi-

Adobe flash will not play Xfinity stream on Win10pro

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue with Xfinity stream due to Adobe Flash player. We will look into this for you. However, in order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate steps, please reply with the answers to
    the questions below.

1. Which browser are you facing this issue with, apart from Firefox?
    2. Have you checked if the Flash player is enabled on your browser?
    3. Was there any major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to unblock Adobe Flash Player:

1. Login to Xfinity streaming on your browser.
    2. If there is a lock sign on the left or right end of the URL/address bar, click on it.
    3. Scroll down to find Adobe Flash Player and click on Unblock.
    4. You should be able to stream once the Flash Player is Unblocked.

I would also suggest you to refer the article on
    Flash Player Help
    by Adobe and check if it is helpful to you.

Kindly follow the suggestions and get back to us with the results.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Can stay online with Windows 10 and Xfinity wireless wifi-

1. Can stay online with Windows 10 and Xfinity wireless wifi- - Similar Threads - stay online Xfinity

2. Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.: My wifi connects on my pc but downloads and runs very slow for about 5 minutes before it stops working, if i click on the wifi icon while its connected, i only see mines appearing for about 2 seconds before all the other networks pop up. its very slow and i can only download...
  3. Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems with wifi staying connected on windows 10.: My wifi connects on my pc but downloads and runs very slow for about 5 minutes before it stops working, if i click on the wifi icon while its connected, i only see mines appearing for about 2 seconds before all the other networks pop up. its very slow and i can only download...
  4. Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem: Having problem connecting or holding wireless connection. Some devices like TV have a wireless connection. Others like windows laptop or kindle can't get a connection. Error message on Kindle is --authentication problem. Problems started when wifi could not connect to android...
  5. Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Connection using Xfinity modem: Having problem connecting or holding wireless connection. Some devices like TV have a wireless connection. Others like windows laptop or kindle can't get a connection. Error message on Kindle is --authentication problem. Problems started when wifi could not connect to android...
  6. Update, unable to stay online

Update, unable to stay online: Update. Now I can't stay online, for 1 minute.I just don't understand, why this is happening to me?I hope I can stay online, long enough to post this*original title: Update...
  7. xfinity

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xfinity: app for installing xfinity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xfinity/03dd6af8-3daf-4fc0-b962-35492d2edd47
  8. How to Stay Safe Online

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Stay Safe Online: [ATTACH] With hacks, scams, malware and more, the Internet can feel like a dangerous place these days. And, the recent proliferation of devices, from smartphones and tablets to Internet-connected appliances, has opened us up to even greater risks. But the good news is that...
  9. xfinity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    xfinity: delete all of xfinity from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xfinity/83f1f36f-f646-4ada-b85d-b4126680d992
  10. WiFI not staying on

WiFI not staying on: I had to replace the hard drive on a friends acer aspire/m laptop and installed win 10 1803. I was using ethernet cable to for the internet, but when I took it off to test the wifi, the wifi is turned off. I turned the wifi on, but it still shows the connection is still off....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xfinity stream with windows