Windows 10: Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold?

Discus and support Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As I get older I find that the default menu & sub-menu displays are getting harder to read. I switched the main display scheme to be high contrast,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wyzard_ES, Apr 10, 2019.

1. wyzard_ES Win User

Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold?

As I get older I find that the default menu & sub-menu displays are getting harder to read. I switched the main display scheme to be high contrast, however, the sub-menu displays are still very washed out to me. I am now using the Dark scheme but still the sub-menu displays are the washed out default. (i.e. File Explorer: Main level display when using Dark scheme is black background with white lettering. Right click on a file and select Properties brings up a sub-menu with white background with what looks like a very light grey-ish font.

Another example: Opening Notepad displays in default white background and light grey-ish font.

If there is a way to bold all text in displays / menu / sub-menus?

Thanks,

wyzard_ES

:)

wyzard_ES, Apr 10, 2019
  2. ichwong Win User

N78 browser can't display bold text

I found a problem with my N78 phone. I used the Nokia 6110 Navigator to access the webmail and it used to display the new messages in bold. However, after I changed the phone to N78, it no longer able to display the new messages in bold.

I then write up a very simple HTML page to test the N78 built-in browser behaviour for bold text dislay and the result is negative. Both the normal text and bold text are displayed the same. Bold text are not bold when displayed in N78 browser.

ichwong, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Times new roman bold font

Hi,

We suggest that you verify the Display settings in Control Panel. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Display.
    • Under Change only the text size, check if Bold
      is checked or not.

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Apr 10, 2019
  4. KeithM Win User

Making menu and font text bold.

KeithM, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Can sub-menus be changed to display all text in bold? - Similar Threads - sub menus changed

2. How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Pin Settings Menus/Sub-Menus to Start or Task Bar ?: I'm beginning to get into content creation and streaming, so I've been diving into thing like A/V capture and configuration. Had not realized Windows has finally gotten the point of being able to route specific apps audio to various different hardware and virtual interfaces....
  3. Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus.

Disable the Settings app and all related sub-menus.: Okay I understand Microsoft is trying to make PC management easier but the settings app is garbage. I'm not trying to disable settings to secure my PC. I found that guide, not what I want. I like the control panel items, the menus actually contain everything you need and...
  4. How to change color and bold ; Folder description text ?

How to change color and bold ; Folder description text ?: Depending on desktop wallpaper used ; folder fonts become unreadable unless highlighted. Is it possible to bold the text and change its color ? Windows 10 home . 145106
  5. Start sub menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Start sub menus: stop Code: Start sub menus[/quote] in w10 134029
  6. Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold

Change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold: Hi, Can't find how to change Windows 10 desktop icon text to bold. Please help. Thanks, Joe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-windows-10-desktop-icon-text-to-bold/6caffdd0-9dd7-42cd-ade6-4a8b20e11bc8
  7. Text size changes in display

Text size changes in display: I’ve gone through several pages and haven’t seen my issue of text size described. I wrote an explanation of the issues on the attached screen capture. In my old windows 7 OS when I set the text size to 12 they stayed at the size I set. With windows 10 after setting the size...
  8. Making menu and font text bold.

Making menu and font text bold.: I could do this in all other Windows but I can't find it in 10. What am I missing? 39067
  9. Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10: How to: Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 How to Change Text Size for Menus in Windows 10 You can make the text for menus on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended DPI. This will affect the following...
  10. Menus wont go bold

in Windows 10 Support
    Menus wont go bold: Has anyone else notice this partial regression to a past bug. Remember when you tried to change text size and boldness in Settings > Advanced Display Settings > Advanced sizing of text and other settings, and it would revert back on the next reboot? Since the...