Windows 10: Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop

Discus and support Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I can`t seem to find a solution to my problem by searching.I have a router very far away and wifi does not get to one of the rooms, so I have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Juanchhh, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Juanchhh Win User

Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop

Hello, I can`t seem to find a solution to my problem by searching.I have a router very far away and wifi does not get to one of the rooms, so I have an ethernet cable and connect my laptop with cable whenever I'm in this room. The thing is that the mobile connection on my phone also drops here so, until now, I used the option on windows 10 to share my internet connection. So I have an ethernet cable connected and share from my laptop my connection to my phone via wifi hotspot.The thing is that since a few weeks from now, whenever I turn on the hotspot on my laptop, I stop being able to open

:)

Juanchhh, Jun 28, 2022
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

WiFi Hotspot Problem in My Laptop

Are you trying to turn a wired Ethernet connection into WiFi? I don't know if this works in Windows 10:
    Turn Windows Into A WiFi Hotspot Share Your Internet Connection

I can tell you an alternative that I have used which worked fantastic on a family vacation for us:

Amazon.com: HooToo Wireless Travel Router, USB Port, High Performance- TripMate Nano (Not a Hotspot): Computers Accessories

That little unit worked great in several roles on my trip and can be powered from a USB port - or USB wall charger. In the car I had it plugged into cigarette lighter USB charger for power, it powered a USB hard drive with movies and created a WiFi LAN so the non-drivers could watch movies on our laptops/tablets. Using Open Garden software I was also able to share the data connection from our cell phones to our WiFi only tablets/laptops when they were all connected to the same WiFi LAN created by the unit.

You can plug a wired Ethernet cable into it and it will create a WiFi LAN for you - so in a location with wired Ethernet you can plug in your USB hard drive, have all your computers connected via WiFi for file sharing/streaming, and internet browsing via the LAN connection. The hotel LAN connection stays on a separate subnet so other users on the hotel LAN can't get to your computers/shared hard drive.

At one location I was able to connect the unit to the resorts WiFi which was out of range of our laptops/tablets and it repeated the signal for us so we could have internet in our cabin after the resort told us WiFi internet was only available in their lounge, although it did take a while for the unit to acquire the WiFi signal and pull an IP address, but once it did it kept it and we were good to go.

When it says "not a hotspot" it means that it won't connect to a 3G or 4G cell phone data signal and convert that to WiFi.

NavyLCDR, Jun 28, 2022
  3. wifi hotspot sharing to other devices

I accidently disabled virtual ethernet 2 connection off of networks settings screen. now i cant activate wifi hot spot on my hp15 windows 10 laptop. im trying to share my wifi thru my laptop to other devices. i press turn on hotspot and it says sorry we
    cannot start hotspot. how do i reactivate the virtual network to share wifi hotspot?

Estebanmad, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

Hi,

I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot.

kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue.

RAHULSHARMA6989, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop

1. Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop - Similar Threads - Can`t browse sharing

2. Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop: Hello, I can`t seem to find a solution to my problem by searching.I have a router very far away and wifi does not get to one of the rooms, so I have an ethernet cable and connect my laptop with cable whenever I'm in this room. The thing is that the mobile connection on my...
  3. Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can`t browse when sharing wifi hotspot from laptop: Hello, I can`t seem to find a solution to my problem by searching.I have a router very far away and wifi does not get to one of the rooms, so I have an ethernet cable and connect my laptop with cable whenever I'm in this room. The thing is that the mobile connection on my...
  4. My Laptop is connected to my phones hotspot but it's not browsing the Internet but I can...

My Laptop is connected to my phones hotspot but it's not browsing the Internet but I can...: Hi,So my 15-month-old son threw my laptop to the floor about 2 weeks ago, it went off and was giving me a black screen, I was able to fix that through help from this forum. But it was not booting to windows, I did a system reset - keep files. This worked and my...
  5. my laptop hotspot after update cant share the internet from the wifi please help

my laptop hotspot after update cant share the internet from the wifi please help: my laptop hotspot cant share the internet, when device conected to my laptop hot spot its say "no internet" i try speed test my laptop have internet and i can browse fine but my hotspot cant share the internet conection to other device when it conected, i dont understand...
  6. Sharing a Public Hotspot to a Secure WiFi Router

Sharing a Public Hotspot to a Secure WiFi Router: Here's my situation. I'm full-timing in an RV. Every time I pull into a new campground, I have to connect all of my devices to the campground WiFi. I have on hand a dedicated laptop and a Netgear R6250 router. I also have a WDMyCloud network storage drive. What I want...
  7. wifi hotspot sharing to other devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    wifi hotspot sharing to other devices: I accidently disabled virtual ethernet 2 connection off of networks settings screen. now i cant activate wifi hot spot on my hp15 windows 10 laptop. im trying to share my wifi thru my laptop to other devices. i press turn on hotspot and it says sorry we cannot start hotspot....
  8. ABOUT LAPTOP WIFI HOTSPOT

ABOUT LAPTOP WIFI HOTSPOT: my devices can connect to my laptop WIFI hotspot but it says there is no internet on the devices. Anyone with a solution please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-laptop-wifi-hotspot/26c2ede0-1106-4b3a-b670-754ef1b9b6f7
  9. Mobile hotspot sharing from

Mobile hotspot sharing from: How do i set this up in laptop. Under the sharing from box it dont have choice of cellular network even though the cell phone is in available Wi-Fi networks just wont connect 135229
  10. No internet / wifi from hotspot

No internet / wifi from hotspot: So I have a Surface Pro 4 running windows 10 was working perfect this morning on my normal wifi. I pack it up to go somewhere and when I try to connect it to an iphone or iPad hotspot I just got it connected but with no internet. Both the ipad and iphone were getting internet...