Windows 10: Can' t type in browser latvian characters.

Discus and support Can' t type in browser latvian characters. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello! In word documents apostrophe button is dead and works properly, but in web it is not dead and I can' t type latvian letters, such as āēļšņ... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by nopuuta, Feb 14, 2017.

1. nopuuta Win User

Can' t type in browser latvian characters.

Hello!
    In word documents apostrophe button is dead and works properly, but in web it is not dead and I can' t type latvian letters, such as āēļšņ (copied it from word document). When I write in internet I get 'a'e'l's'n.

I searched in internet for possible answers, nothing works. In browser settings everything seems to be ok - input language is set latvian.
    If someone have any idea, will be glad to hear it.

Hope for help

:)

nopuuta, Feb 14, 2017
  2. Olli_tr Win User

Will Windows Phone 7.8 feature new languages?

It's the Latvian language I'm talking about. There are some characters such as A with line on top of the character (ā) as well as n with a comma under it (ņ) that I believe cannot be typed in using the normal keyboard. I would be happy to be proven wrong though.

Olli_tr, Feb 14, 2017
  3. RZ4
    RZ4 Win User
    Hacking WM6 text entry

Hello everybody,

I've recently got myself a Samsung I600 smartphone and upgraded to WM6. My native language is Latvian, therefore I would like to write emails and SMS messages in Latvian. In Latvian writing, there are some special characters with diacritical marks, for example,
    ā ē ū ī č š ķ ļ, etc. (hope they display correctly).

The great thing is that all symbols display correctly - if I sync with Outlook, all the special symbols in contact names, e-mails and other items are retained, and the web browser displays pages in Latvian with no problems.

Sadly, it's not possible to enter all the special symbols, and there's no T9 dictionary for Latvian. When writing messages, there's an option to get some special symbols by pressing star (*) on the keypad and selecting the 'Symbols' option. A multiple page
    grid is presented with some symbols like currency symbols, smileys and the like. Also there are some language specific symbols for French and for German, and some symbols that are used in Latvian. I was wondering if it was possible to modify ('hack' if you will) this table to include the symbols I need.
    Can it be done, or is the table hard coded? Again, I know that WM6 can display the simbols I want. Can anyone provide some instructions or links to some helpful resources?

Another question - how hard it is to add a T9 dictionary? Are there any developer recources on how that can be done?

Thank you for reading this, I hope to get some help.

4. dalchina New Member

Hi, which browser are you using? And how are you trying to create these symbols?

If nothing works, or you want sthg that can be set up for your character set in any context, try AX (freeware):
    AX - Instant, simple accents and special characters

It comes with a wide range of character sets for different languages and you can create your own.

Simply type a letter, then the key you've chosen to cycle through the set of symbols for that particular character.

dalchina, Feb 14, 2017
  5. nopuuta Win User
    I used apostrophe button for making a letter with an accent ā, ē etc.
    Actually, without any efforts today my problem disappeared. Now I am wondering what caused this problem - Windows updates? Could it be so?

nopuuta, Feb 14, 2017
  6. nopuuta Win User
    Today my apostrophe key stopped working in a browser after adobe player installation. funny, but true. Does it mean that I just need to reinstall a whole system, if such errors start to appear?

nopuuta, Feb 15, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    If there's a browser adobe add-on you could try disabling it. Impact of 3rd party plugin more likely than Windows failing here.

If you want a consistent solution, use the program I've suggested.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can' t type in browser latvian characters. - Similar Threads - Can' type browser

2. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  3. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  4. the keyboard is typing double characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the keyboard is typing double characters: [ATTACH] Hey everyone. Today my keyboard has started t2o type wrong or double characters as you can observe at first hand: . Before that, I cleaned up my lapt2op with alcohol as usual. Then I powered up and this began. As I c,a-n recall I did -not use force whatsoever. I...
  5. Type a Unicode Character

in Windows 10 Support
    Type a Unicode Character: Hello, I am using Win 10 version 2004 and build 19041.388. If I try to enter a Unicode character via the method Alt + <hex number>, then I do get a character but it is the wrong one. For example if I enter 2212 it give a 'n' with a squiggle on top whereas it should return...
  6. keyboard typing wrong characters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard typing wrong characters: My keyboard enters " when I type @ I choose UK English for the keyboard, and now can't find a way to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-wrong-characters/420ea5db-768d-4f4e-aef2-a2e992376ba2
  7. Typing characters issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing characters issue: Why does my laptop keyboard type different characters than what is intended? It only does it occasionally like tpis. <---example: p for h Rigpt now I'm using Cprome. I go to MS Edge and it is fine. I go to MS Excel, Word, it is normal. I pave to close everytping and...
  8. CAN T TYPE WITHOUT POPUPS OCCURING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CAN T TYPE WITHOUT POPUPS OCCURING: I CANNOT TYPE UNLESS I HOLD DOWN SHIFT KEY SINCE LAST UPDATE. I CANT COMPLETE PASSWODS< SIGN IN ETC HELP OCCURS ON BOTH CHROME AND EDGE AND OFFLINE> CAPS LOCK DOESNT HELP TO TYPE> ONLY IF I HOLD DOWN COMPLETED VIRUS SCANS, SYSTEM CHECKS AND CLEANS HELP...
  9. ALT Characters WON'T type

in Windows 10 Customization
    ALT Characters WON'T type: Hi, I am using a French keyboard (Dell SK-8165). The top numbers row has 12 keys. The firs left key has: #, \ and | characters The second key has: 1, ! and + and - characters The third key has: 2, " and @ characters The fourth key has: 3, / and £ characters The fifth...
  10. Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Not Typing Correct Characters: My brother has an HP laptop (Model bs057cl) that he hasn't used in about a year. When he boots the computer he's unable to use the keyboard normally. We brought up the onscreen keyboard which, although it works, does not match the normal qwerty keyboard layout. In fact, the...