Windows 10: Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center?

Discus and support Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! I'm using a computer-friendly texting app called TextNow. What's nice is that I can close the app but keep it opened in the background. When a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kilk1, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Kilk1 Win User

Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center?

Hello! I'm using a computer-friendly texting app called TextNow. What's nice is that I can close the app but keep it opened in the background. When a text is received, a notification comes to the Action Center. However, as soon as the banner disappears (normally after five seconds, but I changed mine to five minutes), the notification is deleted from the Action Center as well, for some reason. Therefore, if I go away from my computer for more than five minutes, I won't know I've been texted.

However, if Task Scheduler (or something else) can open the app when TextNow's Action Center notification is triggered (which happens whenever a text is received), the app would be the first thing I see when I return to the computer, even if the five-minute banner disappears.

Can Task Scheduler open an app that's in the background when the app notifies the Action Center? Thanks!

:)

Kilk1, Feb 11, 2020

2. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

Hi,

I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible?

Thanks in advance,

David

DavidHasko, Feb 11, 2020
  3. lx07 Win User
    Action Button and Panel Missing From 'Task Scheduler'

Solution (for me anyway).

• *Start + R and type %appdata% <enter> to open roaming folder
    • Browse to Microsoft, then MMC
    • rename the file taskschd to taskschd_old
    • Open task scheduler - this will create a new taskschd configuration file in %appdata% with default settings.
    • Delete taskschd_old (if you want)
    • Don't untick all options in View/customize view or you get stuck again Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center? :)

Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center? [​IMG]

Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center? [​IMG]

4. Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center?

Task schedule is not opening

Were you able to find the file in the location it said to delete it?

Are you able to get into the Task Scheduler to click on Library, scroll down the list in the center to find that Task to disable it on the right hand panel?

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center?

1. Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center? - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler open

2. action center will not open from task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    action center will not open from task bar: action center will not open from task bar. calendar will not open from task bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-will-not-open-from-task-bar/be04c14a-2f7d-4cf6-8eb9-ee608ca0ce6a
  3. Action center not opening

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center not opening: Action center just won’t open, wether I left click on it directly, or right click and then click “Open action center”. Restarting my PC doesn’t fix this issue. submitted by /u/Plootsxd [link] [comments]...
  4. Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?: Hello! Is it possible to set up Task Scheduler to run a command when the Action Center gets a new notification? Thanks! 152126
  5. Can Task Scheduler detect Action Center notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Task Scheduler detect Action Center notifications?: Hello! I'm new to Task Scheduler and have a question: Some apps, while closed, can be opened in the background. One that I use sends notifications via the Action Center whenever I receive a text message. But due to an error, the notifcations disappear not long afterward. Is...
  6. Action center is not opening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Action center is not opening.: I installed nfs undercover few days ago. It installed some other things. The game worked fine but from then the action center and other things did not open. Including date settings, wifi menu. I tried everything other things suggested on internet but nothing worked. Please...
  7. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger: Hi, I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible? Thanks in advance, David...
  8. Actions in Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Actions in Task Scheduler: I have two Scheduled tasks whose actions start the same program, but with different parameters. If these two program instances happen to get scheduled at more or less the same time, then one will wait for the other to finish. But it seems to me that sometimes the one...
  9. Task Scheduler and media center

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler and media center: Hi, My monitor keeps turning on in the middle of the night (desktop on 24x7) and I went through the power settings (advanced) and turned off network/keyboard/mouse pwr mgmnt in device manager. It still keeps turning on overnight but I don't know specific time. Under...
  10. Action Center will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Action Center will not open: I have the icon for new notifications but when I choose to ''Open Action Center'' nothing happens, also the WIN+A keys do not open it either. Can someone tell me what the matter is? I daily see the icon while hovering over with the mouse indicate that there are 'New...