Windows 10: Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?

Discus and support Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello! Is it possible to set up Task Scheduler to run a command when the Action Center gets a new notification? Thanks! 152126 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kilk1, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Kilk1 Win User

Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?

Hello! Is it possible to set up Task Scheduler to run a command when the Action Center gets a new notification? Thanks!

:)

Kilk1, Mar 12, 2020

2. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

Hi,

I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible?

Thanks in advance,

David

DavidHasko, Mar 12, 2020
  3. Kilk1 Win User
    Can Task Scheduler detect Action Center notifications?

Hello! I'm new to Task Scheduler and have a question: Some apps, while closed, can be opened in the background. One that I use sends notifications via the Action Center whenever I receive a text message. But due to an error, the notifcations disappear not long afterward.

Is there a way (for example, through Task Scheduler) to automatically open an app if it sends an Action Center notification? Thanks!

Kilk1, Mar 12, 2020
  4. Kilk1 Win User

Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center?

Hello! I'm using a computer-friendly texting app called TextNow. What's nice is that I can close the app but keep it opened in the background. When a text is received, a notification comes to the Action Center. However, as soon as the banner disappears (normally after five seconds, but I changed mine to five minutes), the notification is deleted from the Action Center as well, for some reason. Therefore, if I go away from my computer for more than five minutes, I won't know I've been texted.

However, if Task Scheduler (or something else) can open the app when TextNow's Action Center notification is triggered (which happens whenever a text is received), the app would be the first thing I see when I return to the computer, even if the five-minute banner disappears.

Can Task Scheduler open an app that's in the background when the app notifies the Action Center? Thanks!

Kilk1, Mar 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications? - Similar Threads - Task Scheduler trigger

2. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  3. Task Scheduler is not triggering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler is not triggering: As usual having problems with sheduled tasks.- The task is running on Windows 11- it runs with higher privileges. Admin user with password- it should triggers every minute. The "next run time" is correct but it doesn't trigger. The history is enabled but doesn't giving any...
  4. Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Task Not Triggering: hi, any reason any task i create is not triggered at the time i set under one-time triggers? i've already tried a windows fresh install, new user account, dism, sfc, moving file to C: drive, checking to see if task scheduler service is set to automatic, checking and...
  5. Can Task Scheduler detect Action Center notifications?

Can Task Scheduler detect Action Center notifications?: Hello! I'm new to Task Scheduler and have a question: Some apps, while closed, can be opened in the background. One that I use sends notifications via the Action Center whenever I receive a text message. But due to an error, the notifcations disappear not long afterward. Is...
  6. Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center?

Can Task Scheduler open apps trigged in background by Action Center?: Hello! I'm using a computer-friendly texting app called TextNow. What's nice is that I can close the app but keep it opened in the background. When a text is received, a notification comes to the Action Center. However, as soon as the banner disappears (normally after five...
  7. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  8. Action Center and notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  9. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger: Hi, I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible? Thanks in advance, David...
  10. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968