Windows 10: Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode?

Discus and support Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I like the idea of S Mode for safety and security, but can I use Turbo Tax or HR Block to file tax returns? Also, will S Mode allow the installation... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Grandpa Jim, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode?

I like the idea of S Mode for safety and security, but can I use Turbo Tax or HR Block to file tax returns?

Also, will S Mode allow the installation of printers if the setup file comes from HP?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Turbo Tax 2015 and Windows 10

Hi Chery,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Turbo Tax 2015 and check.

Install the Turbo Tax in Compatibility Mode.

Refer the link below for steps to install a program in compatibility mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

(Applies to Windows 10)

If issue persists I suggest you to contact Turbo Tax from the link below.

Frequently Asked Questions.

Common Questions for Doing Your Online Taxes with TurboTax®

We're here to help you

Tax Discussion Forum: Federal Tax Q&A | TurboTax® Support

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Turbo tax will not open

Hi Max,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with using
    turbo tax 2015. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may occur if the turbo tax 2015
    is corrupt.

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may have to uninstall and re-install the
    turbo tax 2015. Check if it helps.

To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      turbo tax 2015 and click on Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    turbo tax 2015 before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode?

TURBO TAX PROBLEMS

Hi Don,

Let's follow these troubleshooting steps and see if it corrects the problem:

Method 1: Perform a clean boot.

Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Refer to the link below:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2: If the issue persists, you may have to uninstall and re-install the turbo tax 2015.

To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the turbo tax 2015 and click on Uninstall.

Note: Make sure you have the installation media for turbo tax 2015 before uninstalling it.

Method 3: Install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select operating system from the drop
    down.

3. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Keep us updated with the results.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode?

1. Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode? - Similar Threads - tax software run

2. Windows 10 S mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 S mode: I would like to hear other users experience with/knowledge of switching out of S mode. Should I be leery of doing this in order to install my favorite programs that aren't available from the Microsoft store? If so, why? thank you for any input....
  3. windows 10 s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 s mode: My new hp laptop will not switch from s mode to normal windows 10. I get to the page where it says 'get' but I cannot press the button. it says 'Check with your IT or system administrator' so I am unsure what to do....
  4. Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 S Mode: After purchasing a new laptop with Windows 10, S, I discovered that I could not transfer files from older laptop, could not run anything that was not in the Microsoft Store. The anti-viris I had purchased was no longer workable. Exactly what is S mode? Why do I need it?...
  5. Anti virus software and Windows S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti virus software and Windows S mode: I recently purchased a laptop for my daughter. The salesperson insisted that we needed anti-virus software. No big deal, I purchased it. As it turns out, I can't install it in S mode. What's the deal with S mode? Is it really necessary? I'm trying to figure out if it's best...
  6. Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 S Mode: Unable to update Intel Video Driver because my Windows 10 pro in S mode. However, when I searched for an application to fix, windows reported I wasn't in S mode. How do I know whether or not my Windows 10 is in S mode? Following directions, I went to the Microsoft Store...
  7. Windows 10 S Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 S Mode: I need opinions on Windows 10 S Mode A friend at our senior center was told she should buy a Windows 10 S Mode instead of upgrading her Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. --- She knows I'll be glad to upgrade her Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. I went through...
  8. Windows 10 in S Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 in S Mode: how can I restore my HP Stream back to Windows 10 in S Mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-in-s-mode/df66e33b-aa75-49fd-b339-90ec04db067f
  9. Win 10 Pro : What VM Can I Safely Run Tax Prep Software In?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro : What VM Can I Safely Run Tax Prep Software In?: When I used to run Windows 7, I had Win XP running in a VM and that "sandbox" is where I would install my H&R Block tax software. (I had a lot of bad experiences with installing in in Windows and not properly cleaning up after itself and causing conflicts and erratic...
  10. Windows 10 in s mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 in s mode: can you play java games with this.Like pogo.com? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-in-s-mode/f6f8222b-2f72-48d5-aab2-72ca846934a3

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can I download Turbo Tax in Windows S-mode