Windows 10: Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode?

Discus and support Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I like the idea of S Mode for safety and security, but can I use Turbo Tax or HR Block to file tax returns? Also, will S Mode allow the installation... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Grandpa Jim, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode?

I like the idea of S Mode for safety and security, but can I use Turbo Tax or HR Block to file tax returns?

Also, will S Mode allow the installation of printers if the setup file comes from HP?

:)

Grandpa Jim, Aug 20, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Turbo Tax 2015 and Windows 10

Hi Chery,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Turbo Tax 2015 and check.

Install the Turbo Tax in Compatibility Mode.

Refer the link below for steps to install a program in compatibility mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

(Applies to Windows 10)

If issue persists I suggest you to contact Turbo Tax from the link below.

Frequently Asked Questions.

Common Questions for Doing Your Online Taxes with TurboTax®

We're here to help you

Tax Discussion Forum: Federal Tax Q&A | TurboTax® Support

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Turbo tax will not open

Hi Max,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with using
    turbo tax 2015. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may occur if the turbo tax 2015
    is corrupt.

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may have to uninstall and re-install the
    turbo tax 2015. Check if it helps.

To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      turbo tax 2015 and click on Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    turbo tax 2015 before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode?

TURBO TAX PROBLEMS

Hi Don,

Let's follow these troubleshooting steps and see if it corrects the problem:

Method 1: Perform a clean boot.

Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. Refer to the link below:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup
    mode.

Method 2: If the issue persists, you may have to uninstall and re-install the turbo tax 2015.

To uninstall the software follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the turbo tax 2015 and click on Uninstall.

Note: Make sure you have the installation media for turbo tax 2015 before uninstalling it.

Method 3: Install the drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

1. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

2. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select operating system from the drop
    down.

3. Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.

Keep us updated with the results.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode?

1. Can tax software be run on Windows 10 S Mode? - Similar Threads - tax software run

2. AOL Software and S Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AOL Software and S Mode: I am setting up a new computer and downloaded AOL, when I tried to run the set up, I get a message that I can only run apps I download from the Microsoft store but AOL is not available there. If I want to install AOL I have to switch out of S Mode. I'm not sure I want to do...
  3. AOL Software and S Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AOL Software and S Mode: I am setting up a new computer and downloaded AOL, when I tried to run the set up, I get a message that I can only run apps I download from the Microsoft store but AOL is not available there. If I want to install AOL I have to switch out of S Mode. I'm not sure I want to do...
  4. AOL Software and S Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. S-mode and cnc software

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    S-mode and cnc software: I have a laptop running Windows 10 in S Mode and I'm wondering will I be able to install the software that comes with my vinyl cutter? Vinylmaster cut is the software I want to install on this windows S Mode PC. I don't like the S mode limitations because I'm not fond of...
  6. S-mode and cnc software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    S-mode and cnc software: I have a laptop running Windows 10 in S Mode and I'm wondering will I be able to install the software that comes with my vinyl cutter? Vinylmaster cut is the software I want to install on this windows S Mode PC. I don't like the S mode limitations because I'm not fond of...
  7. S-mode and cnc software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Tax software will not install

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tax software will not install: I am trying to install HR Block tax software. Each time, I am prompted to allow access to the drive I select Yes, and then nothing. I have turned off the antivirus Norton and firewall, no difference. I have disabled OneDrive, again nothing. Is there something in Windows...
  9. Can Steam run on the Windows 10 S mode?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can Steam run on the Windows 10 S mode?: Can Steam run on the Windows 10 S mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-steam-run-on-the-windows-10-s-mode/c08d1d39-c630-42bb-8d42-8bc1afbb0a0d
  10. Windows 10 S mode compatibility with 2019 Turbo Tax Sofware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 S mode compatibility with 2019 Turbo Tax Sofware?: I just purchased a new laptop today 1/20/2020 with Windows 10 S operating system. Also purchased 2019 Turbo Tax. Is Turbo Tax SW compatible with Windows 10 S?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 s HR Block

2. Why is windows 10 blocking Turbo Tax

3. is turbo tax download available for windows 10 s

4. can i run turbo tax in s mode ,
  5. is it necessary to swith out of s mode to run turbo tax?,
  6. will h and r block deluxe windows 10s,
  7. windows s mode turbo tax,
  8. h and r block software windows s mode,
  9. can you run h&r block software in s mode,
  10. can i install turbo tax in w10s,
  11. what tax preparation can i use with windows 10 s mode?,