Windows 10: Can Telemetry be blocked by just using windows firewall

Discus and support Can Telemetry be blocked by just using windows firewall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Or any other firewall? Or is it just best to leave it all alone and use it as installed by default? Thanks. submitted by /u/darthknight3043... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/darthknight3043, May 13, 2020.

1. Can Telemetry be blocked by just using windows firewall

Or any other firewall?

Or is it just best to leave it all alone and use it as installed by default?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/darthknight3043
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/darthknight3043, May 13, 2020

2. Does Windows Firewall fully block Windows Telemetry?

I am running Windows 10 pro. I deleted all the telemetric services and all the scheduled tasks (except defragment). With some digging I make a list of telemetric executable files and blocked them in firewall.

Is Windows firewall sufficient to block Windows telemetry fully and forever ??

Biswapriyo, May 13, 2020
  3. Arctucas Win User
    Windows Firewall blocking websites

I have blocked IP addresses, e.g. 255.255.255.255, not URLs, e.g. somewebsite.co m.

As far as unblocking, look at your Windows Firewall rules. Do you see anything that is blocked? If you do, click on the Scope tab and see what is listed there.

Arctucas, May 13, 2020
  4. Can Telemetry be blocked by just using windows firewall

Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Can Telemetry be blocked by just using windows firewall

1. Can Telemetry be blocked by just using windows firewall - Similar Threads - Telemetry blocked using

2. Blocking Edge Chromium Telemetry?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blocking Edge Chromium Telemetry?: Anyone got a method or tool to block microsofts telemetry in the new edge chromium browser? Even with all privacy options turned off everytime I visit a website the browser is still connecting to a domain like "browser.event.microsoft.com" or something like that. I'd like to...
  3. Windows Firewall block outbound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Firewall block outbound?: Anyone ever manage to put together a working windows firewall policy to block outbound traffic to private & public networks on Windows 10? We're working on Always On VPN, using a device tunnel & 'ForceTunnel'. Microsoft defines 'ForceTunnel' as: All traffic except for local...
  4. Can 'not' block virtualbox traffic with firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can 'not' block virtualbox traffic with firewall: I am trying to configure my Windows system such I can block VirtualBox VM traffic to for example the internet but not the local network. That is I have some services on my local network that my VMs must access but I want to block all traffic outside of the local network e.g....
  5. Firewall blocked app

Firewall blocked app: What are the risks of allowing an app through a firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firewall-blocked-app/6d58a40d-b823-4d17-b972-67ed5d163a91"
  6. Windows firewall blocks ipv6

Windows firewall blocks ipv6: I use the newest windows 10 and have both ipv4 and ipv6 addresses on my pc. When I make a outbound rule for blocking some ipv4 addresses, I can't visit any ipv6 websites. The browser says "Your Internet access is blocked". When I delete the rule, everything is ok. I think a...
  7. how to block windows 10 telemetry?!

how to block windows 10 telemetry?!: there are so many guides and software about how block windows 10 telemetry but they present zero evidences that actually works so the question is ; it's even possible to block windows 10 telemetry ??? and how you do it and how you can verify it actually works ?!...
  8. Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...?

Windows firewall blocks wuapihost.exe...?: On my Surface Pro 3 running W10x64pro (upgraded from W8.1) I just now got a dialog pop up that Windows firewall has blocked some features of C:\Windows\System32\wuapihost.exe. The dialog wants me to allow (or cancel) wuapihost on public networks (this option is checked) and...
  9. Blocking a program in firewall?

Blocking a program in firewall?: I'm trying to block a program from connecting to the internet and I followed these instructions: How to Block a Program From the Internet in Windows 10 - Simple Help for blocking a program from the windows firewall, but it doesn't seem to work. When I go into the...
  10. Using Windows Firewall To Block Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Windows Firewall To Block Updates: I have a few PC's and they have multiple connections to the internet. These connections appear on each PC as a different network. One of the connections is very expensive and metered, so I don't want Windows updating when the primary connection is down and the secondary only...