Windows 10: Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted?

Discus and support Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted? Am I correct that mountvol p: /s will mount the EFI partition to drive letter p? Does mounting... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by A123, Dec 19, 2018.

1. A123 Win User

Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted?

Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted? Am I correct that mountvol p: /s will mount the EFI partition to drive letter p? Does mounting the EFI partition create a security issue for the pc?

:)

2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted? :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Dec 19, 2018
  3. converting ntfs partition to efi partition

ACTUALLY I WANT THE BIOS UPDATE

BUT IT IS SHOWING ERROR THE EFI PARTITION MOUNT FAILED

UTKARSHCHAURASIA, Dec 19, 2018
  4. Suvrat18 Win User

Blank EFI Partition

I have an ASUS R558UR.

I had windows 10 installed on my laptop and I decided to again have a clean install of windows 10. I booted from USB and cleaned windows partition i.e. C drive and also cleaned EFI partition. I reformatted Drive and it had also created EFI partition of 100
    MB. I installed windows on laptop and setted that up. After installing windows my laptop it started taking a long time to boot about 90 seconds but earlier it took only 7-10 seconds. After analysing everything I found that my EFI partition is blank.

Please suggest me how to write back EFI partition so as to reduce boot times.

Thanks in Advace.

Suvrat18, Dec 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Can the EFI partition be briefly and safely mounted? - Similar Threads - EFI partition briefly

2. can i move EFI Partitions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i move EFI Partitions?: I wanted to extend a particular partition Specifically drive C:, as I have about 80gb of unallocated space, and the C: partition is completely full, however, there is an EFI partition in the way, and as windows has no functionality with assigning two different sections of a...
  3. can i move EFI Partitions?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i move EFI Partitions?: I wanted to extend a particular partition Specifically drive C:, as I have about 80gb of unallocated space, and the C: partition is completely full, however, there is an EFI partition in the way, and as windows has no functionality with assigning two different sections of a...
  4. EFI Partition

EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  5. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  6. Mounting EFI system partition on USB?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mounting EFI system partition on USB?: I am trying to mount the EFI system partition on my USB drive, and Diskpart gives this error: Virtual Disk Service error: The operation is not supported on removable media. I can use MiniTool Partition Wizard to mount the ESP, but I would like to avoid using 3rd party...
  7. Can not find my EFI partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can not find my EFI partition: [ATTACH] Hello, i ran into an issue this week when i decided i wanted to have dualboot manjaro and windows 10. The issue is being is that i apparently dont have an EFI partition although Windows boots normally. Is there a way to recreate one or should i just format my...
  8. EFI partition mounting on startup

EFI partition mounting on startup: So one time I decided to mount the EFI partition for testing purposes. Alright. Next day I start up my PC and the partition is still there. That's weird. I successfully removed the drive letter with diskpart. So I made a startup script to do that but that isn't a permanent...
  9. Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted!

Can't access to EFI Partition although it be mounted!: Few days ago, I can mount and access efi partition with explorer++ and disk genius. But now I can't access it although it be mounted. It shows the message as I don't mount the disk: "You don't currently have permission to access disk folder". How can I fix it to access throw...
  10. Force Windows 10 to mount and visually display EFI boot partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Force Windows 10 to mount and visually display EFI boot partition?: I'm mucking around with multi-boot and need to edit some files I put in the EFI partition. It was possible in Windows 8 to use Mountvol and mount this partition to a drive. Then it showed up like normal in Windows Explorer, saving me the hassle of using command line to...