Windows 10: Can the hover / automatic mouse select issue be fixed for ever in RegEdit?

Discus and support Can the hover / automatic mouse select issue be fixed for ever in RegEdit? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The mouse cursor on my laptop computer is virtually driving me mad. I have followed heaps of posts in here to try an de-activate mine - yet none have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JamesFaggotter, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Can the hover / automatic mouse select issue be fixed for ever in RegEdit?

The mouse cursor on my laptop computer is virtually driving me mad. I have followed heaps of posts in here to try an de-activate mine - yet none have really proven successful. Some work for a little while, but when I turn my computer off, then the issue returns when my computer is restarted.

I think that the only true way to solve this problem, would probably have to be done in Registry.

The three (3) things I want to disable are as follows;

1) The Hover Select issue

2) The mouse cursor automatically highlighting everything it moves over

3) The mouse cursor constantly opening things I have no interest in

Can someone tell me how to do this please? I want these features gone forever. I should not have to keep coming back here every few weeks with the same issues. I want it ENDED FOREVER.

Thank you, Jim

:)

JamesFaggotter, Oct 14, 2018

2. In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Dan2690 Win User
    How to disable Hover-Select in Windows 10

I have recently replaced my laptop computer with a Dell running Windows 10. I am getting totally frustrated with a cursor that unpredictably jumps all over the screen and with having all sorts of thinks happen any time the cursor pauses. If I cannot find
    an answer to this I am going to seriously
    consider getting a Macintosh.

My ease of access center does not include:

• "Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck

Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software. In typing this I have had the cursor jump in excess of 24 times! HELP

Dan2690, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Can the hover / automatic mouse select issue be fixed for ever in RegEdit?

Laptop mouse hover

Did you restart your computer?

Press Windows key + R

Type: control

Hit Enter

Select or click Ease of Access.

Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.

Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.

Check if issue is resolved.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.

Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Can the hover / automatic mouse select issue be fixed for ever in RegEdit?

1. Can the hover / automatic mouse select issue be fixed for ever in RegEdit? - Similar Threads - hover automatic mouse

2. Regedit Fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regedit Fix: In windows 11 actually i tried to change default installation location so that i have done the following steps 1. Start Registry Editor by entering “Regedit” in the search All programs.2. Locate the...
  3. Regedit Fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regedit Fix: In windows 11 actually i tried to change default installation location so that i have done the following steps 1. Start Registry Editor by entering “Regedit” in the search All programs.2. Locate the...
  4. I'm not ever hovering my cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm not ever hovering my cursor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rober283829 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l4jv0y/im_not_ever_hovering_my_cursor/
  5. How to Fix Mouse Settings selecting while hovering hp Laptop for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Fix Mouse Settings selecting while hovering hp Laptop for Windows 10: Windows 10 new Update: 4 simple step that will help you solve the mouse selecting issue If you're having issues with your mouse and every where your cursor hovers it constantly selects and brings that window in front of a project or a folder your currently working on and...
  6. Issues with mouse & selection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with mouse & selection: Hi there, I'm having issues with selection icons, tabs, windows virtually anything that could be selected in my laptop. It runs on the latest update of windows 10. The issue is the scrolling function happens in a negative way to the command automatically without me doing...
  7. Hover select issue

Hover select issue: I have had this computer for several years and have never had a problem. In the past 3 months it has started to randomly start selecting everything I hover over. This has been pretty scary considering we are all doing virtual work and sharing screens. It's absolutely...
  8. Mouse hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse hovering: My mouse When ever you hover on something it clicks it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-hovering/38e55570-af4d-4510-b493-35abf665f1a6
  9. Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse

Hover / auto-select / auto-highlight Mouse: Can any Microsoft technicians or any Microsoft Community members create an app that will turn off the Mouse Hover / Auto-Select / auto-highlight function in Windows 10, please. The Microsoft technicians should create a trouble-shooting tool to do it. It is clearly evident via...
  10. desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor: I got the Anniversary Update a month or two back. And ever since I have this problem on desktop icons. The mouse hover selection is shifted away from cursor, in a way that the next icon is selected, not the one under cursor. 9bwq07tNFyc When I click, the icon with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change time in regestry for mouse aotmatically hovering over something

2. what is mouse hover wt in regedit