Windows 10: Can the logon slideshow be used for the desktop??

Discus and support Can the logon slideshow be used for the desktop?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Version #: 18362-476 I spend 12 hours a day on my PC 24/7 so like to have something on my desktop of interest. Thus I have the desktop set up for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TKR99, Nov 16, 2019.

1. TKR99 Win User

Can the logon slideshow be used for the desktop??

Version #: 18362-476

I spend 12 hours a day on my PC 24/7 so like to have something on my desktop of interest. Thus I have the desktop set up for a slideshow of all the images from various folders (I change them routinely). I also do a similar thing for the logon BUT I notice that the logon slideshow is different - firstly it's a fixed interval of 15 secs, but then it also presents the images differently, sometimes singly & sometimes in blocks of 5, and finally has a progressive zoom feature.

What I wondered is whether there's any way to replicate that for the desktop images or is there a reason why it couldn't/shouldn't be done maybe?

Just curious Can the logon slideshow be used for the desktop?? :)
    Thanks
    Romayne

:)

TKR99, Nov 16, 2019

2. Photos slideshow

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable view the photos in slideshow as it repeats after few photos and need to know “How can I change this to show a continuous and non-repeating slideshow?”. We will help you to
    resolve this issue.

Please let us know,

• Where does the photos folder located?

• Did you try to change the folder location and check?

I suggest you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: If the photos folder is located on the desktop, try to create another folder and copy all the content to the newly created folder and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Step 2: Try to create new folder if different location and copy all the content to the newly created folder in different location and add this folder for slideshow and check.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 16, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

"Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow

3rd party program like Wally (free), for example.

I use it to change wallpaper on each logon, but it can be set up in a variety of ways.
    It can use pictures from disk, or a variety of other sources.

Can the logon slideshow be used for the desktop?? [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Can the logon slideshow be used for the desktop?? - Similar Threads - logon slideshow used

2. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  3. Annoying desktop slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Annoying desktop slideshow: Lately there's been an annoying problem with the slideshow for the desktop background. The slideshow works properly for a while, then this happens: The last picture in the slideshow doesn't not get replaced by the next one. In wanting to move to the next picture, by right...
  4. logon to personal desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    logon to personal desktop: I want to logon and have my personal desk to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/logon-to-personal-desktop/0976195e-ece5-4bc7-b76c-0fc87568b25e
  5. Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow

Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow: For the last couple years now I've had multiple monitors and have been really enjoying the slideshow feature for different backgrounds. At present, my desktop background folder contain almost 700 various background images. However, the layout of my monitors is one on my...
  6. Desktop Background slideshow

Desktop Background slideshow: I made a few photo collages that I would like to display on my desktop in the form of a slideshow. When I went to personalize my desktop and select photos for the slideshow the folder with my collages showed empty. I saw that in the personalization window it says "choose...
  7. Desktop Background Slideshow

Desktop Background Slideshow: I selected the slideshow option to change pictures every day. It changes every hour instead. I tried every 6 hours and the same happened. The every 1 minute option worked though....
  8. Use Windows Spotlight as Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow

in Windows 10 News
    Use Windows Spotlight as Desktop Wallpaper Slideshow: [ATTACH] The beautiful images that you see on your lock screen now and then come under the category of Windows Spotlight. These stunning images come from various sources from the aspects of photography of famous, historical, and other kinds of subjects. If you [...] This...
  9. "Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow

"Lock Screen Slideshow" For The Desktop Slideshow: Hello, You are familiar with how the Lock Screen Slideshow plays, where it sometimes puts one image on the whole screen and slides to the left or right / fades the picture away, and loads multiple pictures sometimes, varying by size, and other fancy variations, etc. Has...
  10. Desktop Slideshow not working?

Desktop Slideshow not working?: Oddly enough it seemed to work before with the default picture set, but when I tried to set it to a folder in my OneDrive it doesn't switch over, and not even any other folder works. Slideshow lists two folders (pictures, OneDrive desktop) but they are both greyed out and...