Windows 10: Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

Discus and support Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, This Mail Live Tile problem has bugged me for years... Unlike my phone icon which shows a number indicating the number of unread e-mails in my... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by seemebreakthis, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

Hi,

This Mail Live Tile problem has bugged me for years... Unlike my phone icon which shows a number indicating the number of unread e-mails in my inbox (very straightforward), this Window app seems to insist on showing the number of newly arrived and unread e-mails since I last opened the app.

So I did a little experiment:

If I open one of the newly arrived e-mails with another device (thus making it 'read'), the live tile count will in fact decrease by 1.

But then I open another unread e-mail with that same device, but this e-mail has already arrived last time I used the Windows Mail app (are you still with me?), this time the live tile count remains unchanged.

Very confusing if u ask me. Can I do anything to let the live tile simply show the total number of unread e-mails period?

:)

seemebreakthis, Mar 28, 2018

2. My Win Phone 7 Hotmail Tile is NOT accurate.

I think that's by design, just to show you the number of e-mails that you received since the last time you looked.

On the flip side of that if it truly showed the number of unread e-mails the tile would have to show a 4 digit number for me Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails? :) (you can accumulate a lot of unread e-mail over a decade).

|
    http://www.j2i.net | Device Application Development MVP | Software Engineer

Joel Ivory Johnson, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Entegy Win User
    Unread mail in folders do not show up on the hub

This is a known issue though. It may be by design however. What you can do is pin the folder to your start screen and the number of unread mail should show up on the Live Tile.

Entegy, Mar 28, 2018
  4. Helmut Win User

Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

I use, a) Notification area previews, b) Badges on the Mail Task Bar Icon, c) Live tiles for each Mail Account separately, d) a combined Live tile for all Accounts.
    There are inconsistencies amongst that lot, using just one Laptop to access, no idea why. Does not surprise me, been using the Mail App for 4 years (that's around an estimated 100-200 updates).

Helmut, Mar 28, 2018
  5. So.... just try and suck it up?

seemebreakthis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails?

1. Can the Mail Live Tile simply show the number of unread e-mails? - Similar Threads - Mail Live Tile

2. Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account: Hi,I would like to make Windows 10 Mail app on computer show the amount of unread mail for each account in all folders and not inbox only.When I receive an email which goes directly in a created folder instead of my inbox because of rules I created on Outlook, the number of...
  3. Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Make Windows 10 mail show total number of unread mail for each account: Hi,I would like to make Windows 10 Mail app on computer show the amount of unread mail for each account in all folders and not inbox only.When I receive an email which goes directly in a created folder instead of my inbox because of rules I created on Outlook, the number of...
  4. Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Mail icon is not showing unread mail count number and not syncing automatically.: On the taskbar, the mail Icon is not showing the total number count of new emails. It is not syncing automatically email. Please resolve it....
  5. Live Mail lost e-mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Live Mail lost e-mail: windows live mail warns me that it has downloaded what appears to Phishing e-mail but where is it? I would like to look at it to confirm Windows Security opinion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-lost-e-mail/22a5206e-0957-418b-b177-b1451274686c"
  6. Windows live e-mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows live e-mail: Why is my incoming mail coming in twice...once from the sender.... I.E. ebay, and once from the sender with I.E. <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Thanks......
  7. Deleting e-mails in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting e-mails in Windows Live Mail: I can no longer delete e-mails from Windows Live Mail without being online. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/deleting-e-mails-in-windows-live-mail/3aac8284-0ca5-46f6-956b-70932db88315
  8. Mail app - live tile unread count not updating

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app - live tile unread count not updating: In my start menu, I use the mail live tile. But it doesn't seem to update even after I don't have any unread emails. This is the live tile: [img] And here, you can see that I don't have any unread emails: [img] So what's going on? Is there a fix for this?...
  9. Mail app live tile does not show anything

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app live tile does not show anything: For the first time ever, since my main OS is Win 7, I tried to use the Mail app. So, I have connected my MS account, the one I use for Win 10, to the Mail application, and have set it to be my Default Mail app. The live tile on my Start Up looks like this (and it does not...
  10. Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail App showing 9999 unread e-mails: Windows Mail App has started displaying 9999 unread e-mails in the start menu live tile and 99+ e-mails in the task bar pinned icon since the anniversary windows 10 update. Anyone got any idea how to fix it? I've been though all my e-mail folders and have no unread e-mails...