Windows 10: Can the optional updates be hidden?

Discus and support Can the optional updates be hidden? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good morning. I ask if it is possible to hide the optional updates that are presented by Windows Update? Thanks [ATTACH] [/url] 141483 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DMD, Sep 29, 2019.

1. DMD
    DMD Win User

Can the optional updates be hidden?

Good morning.
    I ask if it is possible to hide the optional updates that are presented by Windows Update?
    Thanks

Can the optional updates be hidden? Senza-titulo-1.png
    [/url]

:)

2. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Can the optional updates be hidden? - Similar Threads - optional updates hidden

2. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  3. Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden folders but not showing under hidden options: HiI am running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22635.2419 , after 24hrs my folder where I store my videos got deleted and not showing under hidden files .My drive is still being used up by the folder but still cannot see it and doubled checked this on Wiztree application and...
  4. Right click options partly hidden

Right click options partly hidden: HiSo, I have This problem where I right-click on the left side of the screen, the options go beyond the screen I tried the following:-changed the resolution and scale of the display -went to device manager and deleted my display adapter then restarted the computer All...
  5. Hidden updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden updates: I get a recurrent notification that an apparently old update "Hewlett-Packard - USB - 12/12/2014 12:00:00 AM - 35.0.56.52825" is being installed.Does this do anything useful? If not, how can I stop it reappearing? There used to be an option to hide unwanted updates, but that...
  6. Hidden updates

Hidden updates: I get a recurrent notification that an apparently old update "Hewlett-Packard - USB - 12/12/2014 12:00:00 AM - 35.0.56.52825" is being installed.Does this do anything useful? If not, how can I stop it reappearing? There used to be an option to hide unwanted updates, but that...
  7. Hidden updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Advanced power options hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced power options hidden: My laptop has most of its advanced power options hidden away, including Intel dynamic platform, processor state and bunch of other things. Creating a new power plan, updating BIOS, disabled virtualization and even refreshed windows but nothing worked. I did manage to find...
  9. Taskbar search - Hidden option not there.

in Cortana
    Taskbar search - Hidden option not there.: Split from this thread. Hello all! I clicked on the taskbar to follow these directions ->"To manage the search box on the taskbar, press and hold (or right-click) an empty spot on the taskbar and select Search. This will give you three options: Select Hidden to hide...
  10. Can the optional updates be hidden?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can the optional updates be hidden?: Good morning. I ask if it is possible to hide the optional updates that are presented by Windows Update? Thanks [ATTACH] [/url] 141483

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hide optional updafe