Windows 10: Can the Panther file be safely removed?

Discus and support Can the Panther file be safely removed? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can the Panther file be safely removed??... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jack Criswell, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Can the Panther file be safely removed?

Can the Panther file be safely removed??

:)

Jack Criswell, Sep 17, 2019

2. Safely Remove Hardware tool

Thank you for the update, Murray. Since you mentioned that you've already tried running the rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll command to no avail, we suggest that you create a shortcut or even a batch file using the same command. Just run
    the shortcut or batch file and see if the Safely Remove Hardware dialog window will appear. To create a shortcut, follow these steps:

• Right-click on the desktop and click on New > Shortcut.
    • In the Type the location of the item box, type in, or copy and paste the following command:
      • rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
    • Click Next and then give it a name like Safely Remove Hardware, and then click on
      Finish.

Keep us in the loop.

Aileen Alf, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Safely Remove Hardware - Windows 10

Hi Grant,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have concern about the how to safely removal of external device from Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to provide you valuable suggestion in the feedback app.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Windows Feedback" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then provide your suggestion.

We can also removely safely the external pen drives or external hard drive through below steps.

1. Open File Explorer.

2. It will show the list of Drives available on the computer, then right click on the external drive which you want to remove safely.

3. The click on Eject option from the list.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Can the Panther file be safely removed?

Panther directory in Windows 10

I have a fairly new computer, built last year, with Windows 10. I noticed my anti virus during a scan listing "C:\windows.old\WINDOWS\Panther\windlp.state.xml - unable to open" , among other Panther files that end with "unable to open". Can these be safely
    deleted?

k8_jackson, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Can the Panther file be safely removed?

1. Can the Panther file be safely removed? - Similar Threads - Panther file safely

2. Is it safe to remove these files?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to remove these files?: Hello, I am not sure if these folders are safe to remove them it have weird names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-remove-these-files/0a5fc350-5ecb-4679-8465-2872e4028ffc
  3. What is the Panther folder in Windows 10? Is it safe to delete it?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Panther folder in Windows 10? Is it safe to delete it?: [ATTACH]Windows setup log files are in different locations on the hard disk. These locations […] This article What is the Panther folder in Windows 10? Is it safe to delete it? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. What is panther file? Can some explain to me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is panther file? Can some explain to me: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AHMADAIMAN18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kz6ysw/what_is_panther_file_can_some_explain_to_me/
  5. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?: Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade. I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile 170737
  6. Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is safe to delete the C:\Windows\Panther folder ?: Simple as the title. Is safe to delete the "Panther" folder at C:\Windows directory. Note : i think it is created after a (succesful) repair upgrade. I run Windows 10 Pro x64 ver 20H2 build 19042.685. Thanks.*Smile 170737
  7. Panther file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Panther file: Can I delete the Panther file in entirety or just parts? I'm trying to clean up useless files and this has wasted 500MB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/panther-file/e8e42c23-7952-4755-be7a-8008179bf839
  8. Can I delete the panther folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I delete the panther folder: I found this folder while looking through my system i never seen it its called the panther folder. Is it safe to be delete?[ATTACH]ted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-the-panther-folder/032e0a02-285a-439b-a215-02b8227d61c8
  9. Adware in Windows file (MRT), can I safely remove it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adware in Windows file (MRT), can I safely remove it?: Hi, My Antivirus detected an Adware ( JS: AddLyrics-AB [Adw] ) in C:\Windows\System32\MRT, and I wanted to know if my computer will be affected if I decide to remove it. Thank you...
  10. Is it safe to remove .sys file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it safe to remove .sys file?: Hey guys my computer running out of disk space, and i would like to remove some files and its include pagefile.sys , hiberfil.sys and swapfile.sys. Is it safe to remove them? if so how to remove them? 110022

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i remove panther windows 10