Windows 10: Can the PC get viruses from backup files after a clean install of Wind

Discus and support Can the PC get viruses from backup files after a clean install of Wind in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; My PC gets viruses, especially remote access backdoors, so I have to do a clean instal. My backup files include text documents, pictures, videos, .exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by join, May 14, 2021.

1. join Win User

Can the PC get viruses from backup files after a clean install of Wind

My PC gets viruses, especially remote access backdoors, so I have to do a clean instal. My backup files include text documents, pictures, videos, .exe software app files, compress files. Is it possible the PC gets virus again through those files? Should I skip all app files, just keep documents and pictures, and ISO files? Do I have to format the USB drive which stores those files? In case the USB drive got viruses what can I do to save the text documents, pictures, videos avoiding the viruses to return back my PC? Can you suggest some good USB cables which can transfer files between two PCs. It should save my time "copy and paste" Thanks for any help.

:)

2. Ghot Win User

A clean install is a clean install. No backup files.

Also, if your backup files are infected, bringing them to a clean install will infect the computer again.
    Backup files are only useful if they are definitely NOT infected.

3. join Win User

My PC gets viruses, especially remote access backdoors, so I have to do a clean instal. My backup files include text documents, pictures, videos, .exe software app files, compress files.

Is it possible the PC gets virus again through those files? Should I skip all app files, just keep documents and pictures, and ISO files?

Do I have to format the USB drive which stores those files? In case the USB drive got viruses what can I do to save the text documents, pictures, videos avoiding the viruses to return back my PC?

Can you suggest some good USB cables which can transfer files between two PCs. It should save my time "copy and paste"

Thanks for any help.

4. join Win User

Oh, thank you. Do you have any idea that I can save my text documents, videos, pictures?

- - - Updated - - -

How about the Windows USB boot? I downloaded and made a USB boot from that PC. Thanks

Thema:

1. Can the PC get viruses from backup files after a clean install of Wind - Similar Threads - viruses backup files

2. installing winds 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    installing winds 10: trying to installing windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-winds-10/8d238ce8-7cad-4e66-b9a2-301b3229c026
  3. installing winds 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing winds 10: trying to installing windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-winds-10/8d238ce8-7cad-4e66-b9a2-301b3229c026
  4. Is PC free from malware after Clean install?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is PC free from malware after Clean install?: Hi folks, I had caught a virus or malware about 2 months ago, and I did a clean install after that and I wanted to ask if I can still do anything or if I don't have to worry anymore? Ist PC nach Clean install befreit von Schadsoftware?
  5. How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to restore a backup from an external HDD after a clean install of windows?: My gf's laptop stopped charging and tech service did a clean install to fix the issue. Before taking it in, I copied her important files and also used the windows 10 backup (backup using file history) to make a backup on an external drive. After this clean install of windows...
  6. Recovering Files After a Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering Files After a Clean Install: Recently I had to perform a clean install and am now "reassembling" my programs and files. Before cleaning my disk I used Windows File History to save my data on an external drive. I've searched for how to restore my files but anything I've found assumes that the backup was...
  7. after clean install from downloading iso files from websites

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    after clean install from downloading iso files from websites: I purchased my lenovo laptop which was of windows 10 pro version. Then I used pirated version of windows 10 education. now I downloaded iso files of windows 10 pro from websites and installed it. And I am now [ATTACH]stuck at the above shown pictures. I don't have the...
  8. recovering files after a clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovering files after a clean install: hey everyone, I am trying to recover some files after my computer crashed and I installed windows 10 thereafter. Could you please suggest a good method/software ideally free or not too expensive to help me with this?...
  9. im not getting an activation from microsoft after clean install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    im not getting an activation from microsoft after clean install: I wanted to clean install my windows 10 I got from 7 upgrade and its been about 20 mins now and still no activation... should I have had my wifi connected during install? 26226
  10. Clean Install then Recover Backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clean Install then Recover Backup?: Long story sort I kind of messed up my GPT partition table. I have backed up an image of my Boot partition only (C:\) and not any other partitions such as bootloader etc... So my question is, would I be able to start all over, re-format the drive from Win10 installation...