Windows 10: Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed

Discus and support Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed to the way it was in Windows 7? The one on windows 10 is inconvenient and even at times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SharpWits, Aug 22, 2015.

1. SharpWits Win User

Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed

Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed to the way it was in Windows 7? The one on windows 10 is inconvenient and even at times confusing (Like when backing up text files from my hard drive to a flash drive into a fold of the same name)

Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed [​IMG]

:)

SharpWits, Aug 22, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Aug 22, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Aug 22, 2015
  4. mingle Win User

I also find this a step backwards.

I do a lot of moving files around and often have to replace older versions.

The XP-style copy/replace requestor was perfect:

Is there any way to get this functionality back in Win 10 (probably via a 3rd party util)?

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle, Jan 5, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Well, teracopy is one program recommended for large transfers.. (free)

Not sure if presenting so many options is simpler or clearer...

dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
  7. mingle Win User
    Yeah, but if the cat has to jump through hoops to get the job done isn't so great - the "XP" style display gives you all the info you need to know about the two files without having to investigate further. Might have to look into Tetracopy... Cheers, Mike.

mingle, Jan 5, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed - Similar Threads - Replace Skip Files

2. Replace or Skip File box not appearing when copying files

in Windows 10 News
    Replace or Skip File box not appearing when copying files: [IMG]When copying files in Windows or other operating systems, users might encounter a situation where the Replace or Skip File dialog box does not appear as expected in Windows 11/10. It can prevent them from managing file conflicts and choosing how to handle duplicate files...
  3. Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently: Hello,I am getting very annoyed when trying to copy or move files from one directory to another because of this skip or replace dialog. How do you disable it permanently? I get that there are some of the same files, but they are from different directories and packages such as...
  4. Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently: Hello,I am getting very annoyed when trying to copy or move files from one directory to another because of this skip or replace dialog. How do you disable it permanently? I get that there are some of the same files, but they are from different directories and packages such as...
  5. Disable Replace or Skip Files Dialog permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Replace or Skip file Dialog bug

Windows Replace or Skip file Dialog bug: Dear Windows, I copied an updated version of a pdf document and pasted it into a folder with a file of the same name, expecting the usual Replace or Skip dialog box, when to my surprise, the file pasted with no dialog. The file does not say copy either, there are 2! files of...
  7. Windows Replace or Skip file Dialog bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Replace or Skip file Dialog bug: Dear Windows, I copied an updated version of a pdf document and pasted it into a folder with a file of the same name, expecting the usual Replace or Skip dialog box, when to my surprise, the file pasted with no dialog. The file does not say copy either, there are 2! files of...
  8. Windows Replace or Skip file Dialog bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Choose to skip, replace or create a copy of the file

Choose to skip, replace or create a copy of the file: hello, I have a problem with windows 10, and it is that I work with files and I constantly need to create backup copies of them, but, when I try to copy the files in the same folder where I have already saved a copy, it does not let me choose whether to replace or copy files,...
  10. Replace or Skip Files dialog is broken

Replace or Skip Files dialog is broken: I get a super strange behavior from newest version of Windows 10. There are many file conflict when copying, but in the list which files do you want to keep? It is blank and white after 20 items.https://youtu.be/xwak9QtWGfM I took a video of the bug. Maybe I'm doing something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replace or skip files

2. PDF REPLACE OR SKIP FILES

3. replace or skip

4. replace or skip files windows 10,
  5. confirm file replace window ,
  6. replace files confirmation