Windows 10: Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed

Discus and support Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed to the way it was in Windows 7? The one on windows 10 is inconvenient and even at times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SharpWits, Aug 22, 2015.

1. SharpWits Win User

Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed

Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed to the way it was in Windows 7? The one on windows 10 is inconvenient and even at times confusing (Like when backing up text files from my hard drive to a flash drive into a fold of the same name)

Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed [​IMG]

:)

SharpWits, Aug 22, 2015

2. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Aug 22, 2015
  3. fonero Win User
    Lumia " The Future is Here "

psychomania: This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

psychomania: Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

What RSXforever wrote was a kind of review, that can help other people to judge, if Lumia is the right phone for them.

fonero, Aug 22, 2015
  4. mingle Win User

I also find this a step backwards.

I do a lot of moving files around and often have to replace older versions.

The XP-style copy/replace requestor was perfect:

Is there any way to get this functionality back in Win 10 (probably via a 3rd party util)?

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle, Jan 5, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Well, teracopy is one program recommended for large transfers.. (free)

Not sure if presenting so many options is simpler or clearer...

dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jan 5, 2016
  7. mingle Win User
    Yeah, but if the cat has to jump through hoops to get the job done isn't so great - the "XP" style display gives you all the info you need to know about the two files without having to investigate further. Might have to look into Tetracopy... Cheers, Mike.

mingle, Jan 5, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can the "Replace or Skip Files Confirmation" window be changed - Similar Threads - Replace Skip Files

2. Windows 10 - Replace/Skip but no <name.2> variation...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 - Replace/Skip but no <name.2> variation...: • Coming from Windows 7, we had a feature where if a file had the same name, it would copy it over and add a (2) onto the end of the name. This does not happen in Windows 10, and causes me great frustration. How do I fix this miniscuel thing? • Reason: When copying old...
  3. Skipped Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skipped Files: after backing up my files using backup and restore (windows 7) i get this message "the backup completed but some files were skipped". Thes are the files skipped "Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\Bruce\OneDrive\Documents. Error:(STATUS_WAIT_3...
  4. corrupt BIOS update file - can someone confirm that file is bad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    corrupt BIOS update file - can someone confirm that file is bad?: I have a Lenovo T560 which is non-bootable. Even Windows Update (for 1903) could not fix this problem when I did selected Troubleshoot and Command Line. The issue is that the BIOS update file I downloaded is apparently corrupted. Can someone try out this file and tell me if...
  5. Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Skip or replace files dialog box missing while copying files with same names: I have a very large volume of folders copied from my old XP laptop now on my Windows 10 laptop but i cant move them into the main file without them merging into the same folder because i have different files i want to keep seperate. For example if I have a folder on my...
  6. Confirmation to Overrwrite Files Pop Window Hidden!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Confirmation to Overrwrite Files Pop Window Hidden!!: Hi is there a way to NOT have the Replace the File in the Destination pop window hidden on another tab?? I find this ludicrous that Windows had the hair brain idea to hide the important and required to click a button window by default!...
  7. Windows defender skipping file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender skipping file: Earlier today, during a full system scan windows defender quarantined a file. Whilst choosing actions for the file I accidentally clicked on 'restore' instead of 'delete'. I did a full system scan again but this time windows defender skipped the file. There's nothing in the...
  8. Can I replace multiple files in multiple folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I replace multiple files in multiple folders?: I know I can search for multiple files in multiple folders by searchiing using an * and extension, e.g. *.pdf. If I try and replace these files by dragging files to replace them into the folder with the files that I want replaced, won't the files to replace restored the...
  9. Backup Skipped Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Skipped Files: After backing up my desktop computer I receive a message that my backup is complete but 2 files were skipped ( view in notepad says error codes 0x80070002 and 0x80070003). How do I get rid of these 2 files before I backup again...
  10. Image icons are replaced how can i change them

in Windows 10 Support
    Image icons are replaced how can i change them: Here is a picture. [img] 38815

Users found this page by searching for:

1. replace or skip files

2. PDF REPLACE OR SKIP FILES

3. replace or skip

4. replace or skip files windows 10,
  5. confirm file replace window ,
  6. replace files confirmation