Windows 10: CAN THE WORDS APP & PROGRAM BE USED INTERCHANGEABLY WHEN REFERRING TO ALL DEVICES?

Discus and support CAN THE WORDS APP & PROGRAM BE USED INTERCHANGEABLY WHEN REFERRING TO ALL DEVICES? in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I hear the word, app, I think of smart phones and tablets. Whenever I hear the word, program I think of laptops and desktops. In the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RAPXV, Mar 27, 2019.

1. RAPXV Win User

CAN THE WORDS APP & PROGRAM BE USED INTERCHANGEABLY WHEN REFERRING TO ALL DEVICES?

Hi,

Whenever I hear the word, app, I think of smart phones and tablets.

Whenever I hear the word, program I think of laptops and desktops.

In the past, applications (apps) and programs (progs) were used interchangeably.

In the present, is the word, app, used for all devices (laptops, desktops, smart phones, tablets, Xbox, etc )? or is it still used interchangeably with the word program depending on the device that you use?

RAP

:)

RAPXV, Mar 27, 2019

2. Word program is not showing in start button after upgradin to Windows 10

Hi Maria,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know when you day ‘’word’’ do you refer to WordPad or any other third party program?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below step.

• Click on the start and click on
      All apps

• Now locate for the ‘’word’’ app/program on the list.
    • Right click on the app and click on Pin to Start.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Task bar not disappearing when using Word and Dragon Speak

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Does this happening with all the Microsoft office apps?
    • Are you referring to WordPad or Word app?
    I suggest you to follow the steps to Auto-hide the taskbar and check for the issue.

Right click on the taskbar>>select properties>>check the option
    Auto hide.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Mar 27, 2019
  4. CAN THE WORDS APP & PROGRAM BE USED INTERCHANGEABLY WHEN REFERRING TO ALL DEVICES?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

CAN THE WORDS APP & PROGRAM BE USED INTERCHANGEABLY WHEN REFERRING TO ALL DEVICES?

1. CAN THE WORDS APP & PROGRAM BE USED INTERCHANGEABLY WHEN REFERRING TO ALL DEVICES? - Similar Threads - WORDS APP PROGRAM

2. when i open an attachment it gets referred to word or a program i don't use/acrobat reader...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i open an attachment it gets referred to word or a program i don't use/acrobat reader...: A day or so ago, when i clicked on an email attachment something is referring it to Word which I never usehow do i get rid of this setting. It would jut open normally before not with MS or Edge.i'm on chrome windows 1o please helpi think stupid chrome may have done this. i...
  3. when i open an attachment it gets referred to word or a program i don't use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i open an attachment it gets referred to word or a program i don't use: A day or so ago, when i clicked on an email attachment something is referring it to Word which I never usehow do i get rid of this setting. It would jut open normally before not with MS or Edge.i'm on chrome windows 1o please helpi think stupid chrome may have done this. i...
  4. when i open an attachment it gets referred to word or a program i don't use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i open an attachment it gets referred to word or a program i don't use: A day or so ago, when i clicked on an email attachment something is referring it to Word which I never usehow do i get rid of this setting. It would jut open normally before not with MS or Edge.i'm on chrome windows 1o please helpi think stupid chrome may have done this. i...
  5. Why is Windows referring to programs as "apps" now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows referring to programs as "apps" now?: I'm confused about this. I'm more used to calling them programs. Why did this change happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-referring-to-programs-as-apps-now/0a7d370d-138a-4ee1-a951-a5d3af8f6ab2
  6. Why is Windows referring to programs as "apps" now?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows referring to programs as "apps" now?: I'm confused about this. I'm more used to calling them programs. Why did this change happen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-windows-referring-to-programs-as-apps-now/0a7d370d-138a-4ee1-a951-a5d3af8f6ab2
  7. Is there a program that I can use to speed up my device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a program that I can use to speed up my device.: how can I improve the performance of my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-program-that-i-can-use-to-speed-up-my/0753402c-67ab-43f1-b70e-eeca2c07ac53
  8. Word program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word program: My Word program suddenly changed several days ago, and I can't get back to where it was. Has there been a change or upgrade recently? Mainly the formatting shows 2 pages, one above the other, and the 2nd page can't be deleted....
  9. Keys interchanged in keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keys interchanged in keyboard: I have windows 10 and today my keys have got interchanged in keyboard. I tried all that was given in community. p has changed to * and 0 changed to / If I click on function key and click p, then it works. please provide a solution for this....
  10. How to use references function in word 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to use references function in word 2016: Hi i am social researcher and use APA citation stile i want to know how to create references in word 2016 and want to know how to use this function. I am searching and dont see how . And want to know ¿Did word uses well the APA? are a way to create custom fonts and references...