Windows 10: Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?

Discus and support Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can this nagging message be removed from within Windows Update?It is displayed on the right side of the WU app.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lintekPC, Jun 9, 2023.

1. lintekPC Win User

Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?

Can this nagging message be removed from within Windows Update?It is displayed on the right side of the WU app.

:)

lintekPC, Jun 9, 2023
  2. ALKHALL Win User

OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up

I get the nag screen on startup, but there is no process in taskmanager/startup.

Any other suggestions? I only want to disable the nag screen, not uninstall OneDrive.

ALKHALL, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?

Remove programme update nag?

I have been using XXCopy (kind of super-charged XCopy) for at least 20 years and have many scripts that I use regularly - some of them every day. (There is also 'Robocopy' of course but (just to be clear from the outset) I am not interested in replacing all my XXCopy scripts with ones for Robocopy as a 'solution' to my question *Smile XXCopy does all I want and I am very familiar with writing scripts I need... Just this update nag that is a bit of a 'fly in the ointment').

XXCopy closed down ten years ago now, but the installation regularly brings up 'CMD' windows reminding the user to update the programme. Not like it's one quick window.. there's lots of text, which slowly scrolls into view: you just have to sit back and wait...

What would be nice is to be able to kill this pointless nag script somehow, but I cannot work out how to do this at all. Has anyone any knowledge of this and would be able to help? Can't see that removing the update reminder would be doing anything 'illegal' now.. Can upload the XXCopy installer if needed...

(Googled this over the past few years, to no avail: there is one possibility posted long ago which suggests how to do what I want, but it is very dependent on having an older version of the programme than the one I have (the latest, from 2012, I guess).

Thanks

martinlest, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?

1. Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update? - Similar Threads - nag message removed

2. Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?: Can this nagging message be removed from within Windows Update?It is displayed on the right side of the WU app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-this-nag-message-be-removed-from-windows/e6882804-f889-421f-9492-3e966476ccc9
  3. Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can this nag message be removed from Windows Update?: Can this nagging message be removed from within Windows Update?It is displayed on the right side of the WU app. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-this-nag-message-be-removed-from-windows/e6882804-f889-421f-9492-3e966476ccc9
  4. Some Microsoft updates nagging

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some Microsoft updates nagging: Hello,At 14 April 2021, installed KB5001330 (manually), after that removed Edge browser. My default browser is Google Chrome.KB4023057 is offered again and again and I keep removing it. (I read about it in the internet)I use now the "Windows update mini tool" to check for...
  5. Stop a background app nag message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop a background app nag message: I have Skype disabled as a background app. That is how I want it. However I keep getting Notification nags that I have it off and that I should update my background app settings as I might be missing Skype calls. I am not missing them because I don't use Skype. I know where...
  6. Turn on windows security center service nagging message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on windows security center service nagging message: [img] Every time I switch on my PC, after about 5 minutes, I get this annoying notification (see picture) from my OS asking me to turn on the security center service; please, note that, on my PC, I am judge, jury and executioner, meaning I decide what stays on and off, at...
  7. Remove Windows Update red message

Remove Windows Update red message: is there a way to take off the red message that says some settings are managed by your organization 8529
  8. Nagging "Windows Update" Items

Nagging "Windows Update" Items: I just downloaded Windows latest build 10240 and in the last few Insider Updates many of the issues I had were rectified. Also many of you gave me great information on how to solve the lingering ones. One issue still remains, a nagging one; Windows Update keeps showing me...
  9. Sticky Notes update nag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes update nag: At least once a day I get the pic below requesting a sticky note update. I click 'ok' and nothing happens. This has been going on for a while. I find SN really handy and have it permanently open on the desktop - I'd like to either update the thing or turn off the nag. 102811
  10. OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up: When I start the computer I get a Nag Message from OneDriveto Set Up OneDrive. I want to disable this nag message because I"m not sure I want to use OneDrive right now. How do I stop this message from appearing everytime I start the computer? Please excuse me if I posted...