Windows 10: can this user be grant equal right as an administrator

Discus and support can this user be grant equal right as an administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Under windows 7 I didn't have a password, and was just known as user 001, or user-001, Nevertheless it was a default setting. Then after the download... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mcarky, Aug 15, 2015.

1. mcarky Win User

can this user be grant equal right as an administrator

Under windows 7 I didn't have a password, and was just known as user 001, or user-001, Nevertheless it was a default setting. Then after the download of 10, the start page had my name in the user box and asked for a password obviously gleaned from my email address. After adding the PW it opened up and appeared fine and had me listed as the administrator. Then the fun started and I have come to an assumption that user-001(win7) is the operator and requires the administrators password (win10) to start. Then when I (user-001) try to perform even simple functions like pasting photos to another folder, I get an administrator error message from the windows 10 OS preventing me. Although the continue button allows me to sometimes complete the process, the copied file appears differently, contains no data and so can't be opened. My plea for help is how do I find the original user-001 and can this user be grant equal right as an administrator?

:)

mcarky, Aug 15, 2015

2. user account,administrator

if I am the only user,administrator on my tablet then why does it show other user accounts like power users, trusted installers as the owner, system, administrators, users desktop, all application packages, plus two more and if I try to change a setting
    it says I don't have administrator rights plus in my firewall it grants anybody access to my computer and settings. I did not see user or administrator account in the category hope its right one.

teresacarpenter, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Facebook crashes with chat - Windows.UI.Xaml.dll error

Hello,

I've tried to create new user (with Microsoft account and one without) and couldn't get to open the Windows Store app. There was an error that there's no sufficient permissions granted for the users.

And yes, I've created an elevated rights users (Administrator) in both cases.

VaidasKančauskas, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

can this user be grant equal right as an administrator

1. can this user be grant equal right as an administrator - Similar Threads - user grant equal

2. grant users device manager access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    grant users device manager access: have few users who require access device manager to make chnages, these are basic domain users and we dont want to give or add them to local admin or doamin admin modes....
  3. User account keeps losing administrator rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User account keeps losing administrator rights: I have been setting up brand new laptops/desktops for other users at work. I have been using the option of personal use at OOB setup. I create a local user and then add the user to the Administrator group within Computer Management. Later in the process I add the laptop to...
  4. User account keeps losing administrator rights

in Windows 10 Customization
    User account keeps losing administrator rights: I have been setting up brand new laptops/desktops for other users at work. I have been using the option of personal use at OOB setup. I create a local user and then add the user to the Administrator group within Computer Management. Later in the process I add the laptop to...
  5. Give a user administrator right with some restriction

Give a user administrator right with some restriction: Hi, I would like to give a user all the admin rights except for the user's ability to modify other user accounts including built in administrator account. This is local account no domain....
  6. Administrator rights as local user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator rights as local user?: Hello! I have a little problem for the busy community! Thanks already: The following scenario: I am a local user, so I don't have administrator rights on the Windows system! The password of the admin user is unknown to me. I don't want to change it either. That one...
  7. How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users?: Hello All, Is it possible to grant temporary local administrator rights for just specific end users? For example I need local administrative rights for just 15 minutes. Or one day. How you grant temporary local administrator rights to your users? Is there a basic solution or...
  8. Grant Admin Rights to Standard user for certain apps

Grant Admin Rights to Standard user for certain apps: I Would like to know if there are any options to grant admin rights for certain apps to standard users. such as update and reinstall rights. only to specific applications....
  9. Windows PowerShell Grant Admin Rights

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows PowerShell Grant Admin Rights: I am trying to grant myself admin rights on my windows 10 account using PowerShell. I know there is a way to do this in the command prompt but I can't use the cmd prompt but I can use PowerShell. I just need to know if it is possible. And if it is, I have no clue what command...
  10. Can I grant domain users access to printer properites

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I grant domain users access to printer properites: I would like to (GPO prefered) allow my domain users to change properties of the locally (not AD installed) printers. Basically any user needs to be able to change their default try, set deparment print ID number, color/bw settings ect. Right now the domain users are just...