Windows 10: Can trojan virus hide under Windows Defender?

Discus and support Can trojan virus hide under Windows Defender? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I got trojan virus from downloading software from some shady websites I admit it was wrong and stupid of me and I decided to never do that again lol... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AngelaNan, Feb 23, 2021.

1. AngelaNan Win User

Can trojan virus hide under Windows Defender?

So I got trojan virus from downloading software from some shady websites I admit it was wrong and stupid of me and I decided to never do that again lol

I detected it with Windows Defender immediately within an hour and removed it

But the next day I did my routine full scanning, I'd discovered that the virus was still there

I asked an acquaintance who was in the IT field or something similar to help since I'm very clueless about topics like this

He get in with Autodesk and did things

I scan it with Windows Defender again

There were none and I initiated Safe Mode

So far there are no virus detected in my routinely scanning anymore but I've got some questions.

I'm afraid that Windows Defender might not detect viruses that remain

I have zero knowledge about things like this and doesn't want to bother the same acquaintance again after him spending hours on fixing my problems last time

So the questions being:

Can viruses hide beneath Windows Defender? If so, how do I know if my laptop is safe?

Can I assume the whole virus thing is over since I've been able to use my laptop as usual and no threats have been detected from my routinely scanning?

I actually have my hard disk connected throughout the whole problem and I did a custom scan on it routinely too. There wasn't any threat found in it since the beginning but I can't help but get anxious over it. Can I trust Windows Defender's custom scan?

I hope this is all just my paranoia and anxiety taking the best of me again.

I believe me running my laptop through safe mode completely eradicate the virus, but I can't help second thinking so I think it's for the best to ask the community with people who are knowledgeable on these stuffs.

:)

AngelaNan, Feb 23, 2021

2. Windows Defender Trojan virus

Windows Defender caught and isolated a Trojan virus that attacked my laptop. I have performed health scans, all updates, removed quarantined threats, run Windows Defender offline, but every time I open my computer, Windows Defender informs me that they
    have detected this virus again. Help! How can I stop it from trying to attack my computer?

JoanneAnderson1, Feb 23, 2021
  3. AseerKT Win User
    Removing trojan virus

I have Trojan virus on my pc . and windows defender is unable to remove them

AseerKT, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Rooted Malware, Virus, and Trojan Infection, Keylogger Trojan Malware

Hi,

Please click the link below and follow Stephen Boots' suggestion on how to remove Trojan virus on your computer:

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mel Tar, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Can trojan virus hide under Windows Defender? - Similar Threads - trojan virus hide

2. A Trojan virus that windows defender can’t remediate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A Trojan virus that windows defender can’t remediate: My windows defender is showing a Trojan threat called Trojan:win32/bearfoos.A!ml and it says the program is dangerous and execute commands from an attacker. I tried to quranteen and remove it but it does not want to get off my system...
  3. A Trojan virus that windows defender can’t remediate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A Trojan virus that windows defender can’t remediate: My windows defender is showing a Trojan threat called Trojan:win32/bearfoos.A!ml and it says the program is dangerous and execute commands from an attacker. I tried to quranteen and remove it but it does not want to get off my system...
  4. A Trojan virus that windows defender can’t remediate

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. trojan virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trojan virus: so my security told me i had a trojan virus in quarantine and i pressed remove did that get rid of the threat of the trojan cause idk how that works like is the person trying to get on my computer gone...
  6. trojan virus

trojan virus: What is "altsonypics.com" and how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojan-virus/96f8ca83-3292-4259-abf6-66f86e832940
  7. Trojan Virus

Trojan Virus: Guys please help me i dont know how to remove it and i think it is a Trojan Virus and it says it is severe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/trojan-virus/29d9a1a4-d649-4caf-9c49-bba2fb734b9b
  8. Trojan Virus

Trojan Virus: I've had these weird Dos windows flash in, while i'm using my PC, in Fullsrcn.I've caught a Srcnshot of the Dos-window and was able to open the source into Notepad.Hopefully one of the Wizzards can help me. Both a scan from MSERT And Defender is giving me, an all-clear.I have...
  9. Windows defender removed a Trojan virus, is there a possibility that the Trojan virus still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender removed a Trojan virus, is there a possibility that the Trojan virus still...: I recently got a Trojan virus from a website I clicked accidentally. Then a windows defender notification popped up, so I removed the Trojan virus that was in form of a cache. Will there a possibility of the Trojan virus still being there? I scanned windows defender multiple...
  10. Windows defender trojan virus..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender trojan virus..: I kind of accidently installed a virus called Trojan Splitgate which thankfully windows defender recognises and stops but it must have a way to keep itself running because defender stops it every 10 mins. Is there any way to figure out the source of the virus like using...