Windows 10: can u extract a compressed photo file to usb port in file explorer

Discus and support can u extract a compressed photo file to usb port in file explorer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; can u extract a compressed photo file in file explorer to a usb flashdrive... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by judy boone, Dec 7, 2018.

1. can u extract a compressed photo file to usb port in file explorer

can u extract a compressed photo file in file explorer to a usb flashdrive

:)

judy boone, Dec 7, 2018

2. Windows Explorer compressed file extraction and opening.

I am no longer able to open up files that are compressed or extract those files to a new folder using Windows Explorer as I use to be able to. Compressed files which I was able to view and extract up until a week ago before the most recent windows update
    can no longer be opened an extracted.

I'd appreciate the help. Thanks

brentlyablo, Dec 7, 2018
  3. pyramid10 Win User
    Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Dec 7, 2018
  4. MrkResin Win User

can u extract a compressed photo file to usb port in file explorer

Compressed Folder files when extracted does not get saved

Original title: Compressed Folder

In Windows 10, I have a compressed folder where all files have the same name. When I try to extract the file only one is saved. I viewed the files and they are different photos. Also, I tried to rename the files but it won't let me.

MrkResin, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

can u extract a compressed photo file to usb port in file explorer

1. can u extract a compressed photo file to usb port in file explorer - Similar Threads - extract compressed photo

2. Help with extracting a zipped file!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with extracting a zipped file!: Because I had a folder downloaded on my PC. And when I was going to extract the zipped file downloaded, thru the file explorer, I'm surprised that the menu for extracting the files wouldn't highlight. So I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong. Here is the image: [ATTACH]...
  3. Can File Explorer be Disabled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can File Explorer be Disabled?: We use q-dir for everything, but there are some things that insist on opening File Explorer instead. An example is that my wife has a few shortcuts on her desktop to folders. If the shortcut is to a file like Excel, it will open Excel as expected. However, if the shortcut is...
  4. Empty USB ports showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Empty USB ports showing in file explorer: I just put the 1511 upgrade on (for the third time, but that's another story). I've noticed that when I open File Explorer I have a WHOLE BUNCH of USB ports that have nothing plugged into them... I have no idea what the upgrade did, but these weren't visible previously. How...
  5. Apparent File Corruption (?) of Photos in File Explorer and Photos

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Apparent File Corruption (?) of Photos in File Explorer and Photos: I'm not sure if it's a graphics card issue, but I just noticed this. Only had this computer just over a week now. Something appeared to corrupt the files in photos when viewing them in Explorer and Photos. I copied/saved an example to illustrate what I mean but the odd...
  6. File Explorer Compression & WinZip?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Compression & WinZip?: Not wanting to hijack an existing thread, I'm asking here. Does WinZip offer better options & features than the built-in File Explorer compression? 82132
  7. Extracting Zip Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting Zip Files: Hi People, Newbie here. As the title suggests I am having a problem unzipping downloaded files on my HP Envy laptop. which has windows 10 version 1511 (build 10586.36) it appears to start the process but just hangs at 99% and will remain there for the rest of the day....
  8. Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Zip File Compressed Folders File Explorer: Hi all...Using Win10 Pro x64. I would like to disable windows showing .zip files in explorer as a folder...When you highlight it the contents inside the .zip are shown in the right pane view. I've scoured the net and found ways for Win7(which I did disable .zip folders on my...
  9. Compress PDF files

in Windows 10 Support
    Compress PDF files: Hello, Have lot of pdf files on my disk, I have read about software to compress these files. 1. Is there some program (free if possible) to do it ? 2. Is the compression effective (in percent), so to start installing the program ? 3. After compression, are the files still...
  10. Extracting a file off CD

in Windows 10 Support
    Extracting a file off CD: Is there a way to extract a file off win 10 cd? I upgraded to this new version of anniversary build 1607 & then made a DVD off the MCT & need to extract a file called nvstor64.sys as mine older one. It seems this file part of windows boot. I downloaded new drivers from...