Windows 10: Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent

Discus and support Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi , I picked up a cheap second hand laptop with win7 enterprise from a carboot sale and have 2 issues .( Its all working fine albeit a bit slow ) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tamo, Oct 18, 2015.

1. tamo Win User

Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent

Hi , I picked up a cheap second hand laptop with win7 enterprise from a carboot sale and have 2 issues .( Its all working fine albeit a bit slow ) I want to give this to my grandkids for homework etc .

1 : Am I able to upgrade to win 10 from 7 enterprise as I did with other win7 pro , win 8.1 home machines .

2: Although I can get into windows from a cold start when it wakes from sleep theres an admin password which I dont know cos the seller didnt mention this and i forgot to enquire .

Thanks for reading , any help appreciated

:)

2. Win10 activation using Win7 Product Key upgrading product version variant also

You cant upgrade from home to Enterprise and win 10 enterprise is not included in the free upgrade.

You can only get WIN 10 Enterprise as a trial or from a volume licensing center.

And no a fresh win 7 Enterprise would not "upgrade" to win 10 Enterprise for free. Contact VLC or purchase Pro

Volume Licensing Service Center

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Oct 18, 2015
  3. Windows Enterprise edition - Upgrade advisor windows 10

Where can I find an Windows 10 upgrade advisor for Win 7
    Enterprise?

KB3035583 is referred to as being the upgrade advisor but this is just for regular Win 7/8 versions, not for enterprise.

Kind regards

Adrian_866, Oct 18, 2015
  4. Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent

No you cannot upgrade from 7 Enterprise to 10 Enterprise via the free upgrade offer. Enterprise customers are excluded. To go to 10 enterprise, enterprise customers need to purchase a new license.
    If you go into the Power Options there is an option to turn off the password request when coming out of sleep mode.
    Your current Windows 7 enterprise license is not legal by the way. They are not legal for resale. And don't be surprised if it fails activation at some point. Just a heads up. If it was me I'd be looking into installing a legally activated owned by you OS. Does it have a COA sticker on it with a readable product code on it? If yes that code can be used to legally install Windows on it.

alphanumeric, Oct 18, 2015
  5. tamo Win User
    Thanks , I decided to format the drive and install a genuine retail copy of win 7 home I had . I kind of thought the installed enterprise win 7 was not quite legit which I don,t like .
    I now have the laptop running win 10 home after doing the free upgrade on the activated win 7 home . A point of interest is the win 10 home was in a deactivated state after being installed on an activated win 7 so a half hour call to MS was needed then the activation was achieved by a very helpful tech .

6. Good stuff, all sorted and legal. Glitches happen sometimes. It should have activated automatically. Assuming you did an upgrade install and not a clean install.

alphanumeric, Oct 18, 2015
  7. tamo Win User
    The MS tech girl says it can occasionally happen when upgrading from win 7 SP1 to win 10 , you can go from an activated state to not activated . Yes I did do an in place upgrade and not a clean install .

Thanks

8. Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent

OK, just wanted to confirm, thanks.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent

1. Can U upgrade win 7 enterprise to win 10 equivalent - Similar Threads - upgrade enterprise equivalent

2. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade: I have a really nice laptop that rarely get used that has Win 7 on it but it's becoming outdated and lost Microsoft support. It's a shame the Win 7 has reached it's end of life. Laptop works great. It MORE than has the capacity to run Win 10 Processor, Storage, Cache etc.....
  3. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: I was given a Win 7 laptop recently. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade it to 10? Any ideas how I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-win-7-to-win-10/cf7cfb0e-47d5-4031-a29f-468e37e00817
  4. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: I was given a Win 7 laptop recently. I am trying to figure out how to upgrade it to 10? Any ideas how I go about that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-win-7-to-win-10/cf7cfb0e-47d5-4031-a29f-468e37e00817
  5. Win 7 to win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 7 to win 10 upgrade: This issue was posted 2 yrs ago and no solution was found then. It still has the same problem today on my Toshiba L775 laptop:Error: 0x8007001F - 0x20006 the installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with error during REPLICATE_OC operation while upgrading to Windows 10 from...
  6. Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade

Win 7 to Win 10 Upgrade: So I'm biting the bullet and finally upgrading to Win10 from Win7 (upgrading my computer from Win7 hardware to Win10). However I don't have a Win10 key directly, but I do hear you can upgrade from Win7 to 10 for free still. How would this work in my case? Would I install...
  7. Win 7 upgrade to Win 10

Win 7 upgrade to Win 10: I currently have windows 7 and just found out I was to get a free upgrade to Window 10. How do I acquire it please? * Moved from Insider https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-7-upgrade-to-win-10/660e7921-eca1-4cde-be15-203ea0536f50
  8. Upgrade Win 7 Enterprise N x86 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win 7 Enterprise N x86 to Win 10: Hello. I have genuine Win 7 Enterprise N x86 on my laptop. And I want to upgrade it to Win 10. Which Win 10 version ISO should I download to get locally updated by mounting the ISO and double click the setup.exe within the mounted ISO? I already upgraded my Win 7...
  9. upgrade win.7 to win 10

upgrade win.7 to win 10: I have 2 win 7 home that I upgraded to win 10 in my house they are fine But I have a win.7 home 32 bit in my shop out back i decided 2 days ago to upgrade it to windows 10 with media creation tool everything is working fine but I still don't have ver 1511 10586.36 I am...
  10. Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10

Upgrade Win 7 to Win 10: My Gateway laptop has Win7 Sp1 64bit installed. I've tried 5 different times to upgrade to 10. Using the 64bit creative tool the download goes great, completes and the install starts, then says "failed in first boot phase with an error during SYSPREP operation." Also shows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 enterprise equivalent windows 10 update