Windows 10: Can unplugging your pc while its still running break everything?

Discus and support Can unplugging your pc while its still running break everything? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, last night a stubborn program just refused to close, it would not even let me open task manager, I was angry and just unplugged my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MatthewWatts3, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Can unplugging your pc while its still running break everything?

Hello, last night a stubborn program just refused to close, it would not even let me open task manager, I was angry and just unplugged my desktop entirely, now in the days after my computer's memory is always at a high capacity, most programs don't want to work and are all having separate issues, and my computer just refuses to run above 25 FPS. Is unplugging it the likely cause of the problem, if so, what solutions are there to fix it. and if not, what else could be doing this? I did several virus scans, including a full scan, but they said there was nothing wrong. Help?System information: D

:)

MatthewWatts3, Mar 18, 2023

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Mar 18, 2023
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Can unplugging your pc while its still running break everything?

i7 running hot? Gimme a break.

• Intel Core i7 920 w/ HT (C0/C1 stepping)
    • Scythe MUGEN-2 w/ stock fan (1 x 120mm)
    • Arctic Silver Compound 5 (copious amounts)
    • DFI LanParty DK X58
    • NZXT Zero 2 w/ stock fans (3 x 120mm)
    • ~40C
    • ~60C
    • Picture (has low and high)
    Ambient is around 24C. Load is WCG/BOINC running 100%.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Can unplugging your pc while its still running break everything?

1. Can unplugging your pc while its still running break everything? - Similar Threads - unplugging while still

2. Can unplugging your pc while its still running break everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can unplugging your pc while its still running break everything?: Hello, last night a stubborn program just refused to close, it would not even let me open task manager, I was angry and just unplugged my desktop entirely, now in the days after my computer's memory is always at a high capacity, most programs don't want to work and are all...
  3. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  4. I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally unplugged my PC while it was running: Hello.I am using a PC with Windows 11. I unplugged my PC when it was still running accidentally a few times. Can this practice really affect my PC's hardware?Thank you...
  5. Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I unplug my pc while using fast startup.: What happens if I unplug my computer on using fast startup? what happens if there is a powercut? what happens if there is unexpected powercut during boot.windows logo screen...
  6. Can I still run this file without breaking Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I still run this file without breaking Windows 10?: Hello. So I downloaded IcoFX 3.3 and the zip file looks like this: [ATTACH] Since I was suspicious and didn't think I could install it, I scanned this file with Virus Total and the result is this: [ATTACH] Here is also the link to this Virustotal...
  7. I unplugged my PC while resetting it

in Windows 10 Support
    I unplugged my PC while resetting it: Hi, so as i said i was resetting my PC and it was taking some time so i thought it was stuck. So i decided to unplug it and now when i try to turn it on, i hear it turning on, but there's no output to my monitor, even though my keyboard lights up when plugged in it. I was on...
  8. If i unplug a hard drive and reset my pc and plug it back in will everything still work on it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If i unplug a hard drive and reset my pc and plug it back in will everything still work on it: I really want to know because windows is broken in a way that i dont know how to cope with so i want to reset it but i dont want to lose like my 1.5tb worth of stuff on my hard drive and i just want to know if i did that would it still work and be good. Thanks...
  9. A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    A solution to PC still running while entering sleep mode: I was bothered for an entire night, for my laptop won't go sleep even if I click the sleep button. The fans and keyboard lights were on and the screen turned on automatically from time to time. But when I unplugged the power, it slept normally. After searching on the...
  10. Unplugging DisplayPort cables while monitor on and running. Damage?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unplugging DisplayPort cables while monitor on and running. Damage?: So today I started my computer up and only 1 of my 3 monitors working. Nvidia control panel claimed my gpu could only support 1 monitor which was false. What fixed it for me was I simply unplugged the 3 displayport cables for my 3 monitors and plugged them back in. My...