Windows 10: Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in

Discus and support Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today I was going to use my laptop but the lock screen is stuck, so I used fingerprint but i need a PIN to sign in. What do I do and how do I add a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Maria2133, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Maria2133 Win User

Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in

Today I was going to use my laptop but the lock screen is stuck, so I used fingerprint but i need a PIN to sign in. What do I do and how do I add a new PIN?? I'm stuck on lock screen now and can't log in. I thought my keyboard was the problem but turns out my lock screen was the problem. The picture that is shown that I can use fingerprint but requires a PIN to sign in. There's no option to sign in or add a new PIN in the lock screen either.Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in [​IMG]

:)

Maria2133, Dec 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 Finger Print Sign-in Problems

I've done that. I've removed them and reloaded them several times. The finger print scanner is working and Windows 10 appears to be allowing me to register finger prints. However, the Hello Windows sign in screen will not respond when I try to use
    the finger print scanner. The password and PIN sign in options are available, but finger prints are not available on the Hello Windows screen.

GarnettCraig, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Sign-in options PIN and Finger Print

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to setup a PIN on my laptop but it keeps telling me "Something went wrong. Try again later." and i have tried restarting or shutting down my laptop and still faced with the same result.

As for Finger Print sign in, i used to sign in with just a swipe then it just wouldn't. Then i uninstalled and re-installed hp simple pass and the same problem keeps coming back.

ZiyadKutbi, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in

Finger print sign-in

Hi,

Since your computer is not accepting your fingerprint anymore, what we can do is to remove all fingerprints from your account and set up a fingerprint again. See steps below:

Removing a fingerprint:

• Open the Settings app, and select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options on the left side, and click on
      Remove
      for Fingerprint under Windows Hello.

Setting up a fingerprint:

• Open the Settings app, and select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options on the left side, and click on Set up
      for Fingerprint under Windows Hello.
    • Click on Get started.
    • Enter your PIN to verify it's you.
    • Scan your finger on the fingerprint reader. You will need to scan your finger a few times to set up with Windows Hello.
    • When all set, click on Close.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in

1. Can use finger print but requires PIN to sign in - Similar Threads - finger print requires

2. Unable to sign in using PIN, nor finger prints after laptop died out of battery. Unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign in using PIN, nor finger prints after laptop died out of battery. Unable to...: Hi, My laptop died and when I plugged in the charger and tried to sign in, my finger prints log in wasn't working. It asked me to sign in using my PIN but I was unable to do so when clicking on that option. The only option was to try to sign in using my password but I forgot...
  3. Finger print sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger print sign in: I am really confused by this finger print system on MIcrosoft. I bought a new hp laptop and it came with this option to sign on however I have had to change my finger print a few rimes as it locks me out claiming it does not recogonize my prints. Can someone explain to me...
  4. W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in

W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in: W10 will no longer accept finger print or four digit pin for sign in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-will-no-longer-accept-finger-print-or-four/4b3f01bf-e84e-4934-9830-58a23f5a358b
  5. finger print and pin not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    finger print and pin not working: I have a brand new HP Envy and the pin was set up as well as finger print. Now neither work. The only way to sign in is with my Microsoft password. Please help....
  6. Locked out of windows and only finger print and pin sign in options

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of windows and only finger print and pin sign in options: Hello, I accidentally locked myself from my laptop from find my device option on microsoft.com and also changed the microsoft password after. When i try to unlock it gives me only a finger print and pin login options which is referencing the old password when i try to...
  7. Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin

Windows Hello: Finger print and Pin: Hi! I somehow removed my pin once and changed it. Then I totally removed it afterwards. Then, I couldn't add a new pin. At the same time, I also can't set up my fingerprint. What can I do to fix this? I can't click on set up or add. [ATTACH]...
  8. Finger print is not working for sign up.

Finger print is not working for sign up.: Guys i have purchased Asus vivobook s14 last month &when it came to me its finger print login was working finr but suddenly one day it stopped working. i have tried to change the finger print and then sign in but it shows use your pin to login.kindly help........
  9. Cannot sign in with finger print

Cannot sign in with finger print: My computer shows that Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. And also i cannot sign in using finger print. How should i do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-sign-in-with-finger-print/d0b4c6c9-8bcf-4815-a62f-02d69dd2396f
  10. Finger print sign in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Finger print sign in: Once I set up finger print sign in does it become the default sign in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-sign-in/b6ee96f8-ef05-4d14-95cc-bcb71d7c41bd"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 fingerprint your pin is required to sign in

2. windows 10 fingerprint not working pin requied