Windows 10: Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE??

Discus and support Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am looking for a solution where a non admin PC should read a reagistry value "EnableSelectiveSuspend" under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sridhar Mohan, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE??

Hello,

I am looking for a solution where a non admin PC should read a reagistry value "EnableSelectiveSuspend" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\ROOT_HUB20\4&18851ac7&0\Device Parameters.

But actually the value is not present when the Power Management settings is updated the value is getting changed in admin PC,but in non admin machine the power management settings I wanted to read the value of it which is not present,When i tried to create it I was getting access denied.

Kindly help me out is there any possibility to get the Power Management("Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power)setting of the USB

hub

Regards

M.Sridhar

:)

Sridhar Mohan, Dec 17, 2019

2. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

Plugging values into the registry often has no effect until the user logs off, then on again. Furthermore, the keys and values you mention differ from machine to machine. On my installation they look quite different.

I suggest you have a look at nircmd.exe (or nircmdc.exe). It might do what you want without any coding effort. If this fails then I'm prepared to write a script for you according to your precise specs, but only after you have done some manual tests on several
    different PCs.

Frederik Long, Dec 17, 2019
  3. ForcedReboot Registry Key Value

Hi Daniel,

ForcedReboot is one of the subkeys in the registry. Subkeys contain data entries called values. The presence of a value on a key is a form of data that an application requires for it to run. An application opens a key and uses the values associated with
    the key to perform specific functions. A key can have any number of values, and the values can be in any form.

You can visit these links for further information about registry values:

Note: We do not recommend navigating and editing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry. Changing the values of the keys and subkeys in the registry might cause serious system issues.

We would like to ask if you are experiencing any issues on your Windows device. Since you are interested on finding what the value of a subkey stands for, we think that you are trying to troubleshoot your computer. If in case you are having any errors or
    issues with your Microsoft products, let us know so that we could assist you further.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE??

How to call a registry key value under an environment variable ?

I want to call a registry value Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX\Version Key value under any Environment variable. Is it possible ?

AbhishekMR, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE??

1. Can user create a registry key value under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE?? - Similar Threads - user create registry

2. Cannot create value or key, Error writing to the registry

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot create value or key, Error writing to the registry: [IMG]When some Windows users tried creating value or key in Registry Editor, they failed due to lack of permission or misconfiguration. This issue is mainly caused when the user doesn’t have permission to access or perform actions on the folder under which they are trying to...
  3. What are the genuine reg key values for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Current Control Set Control...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What are the genuine reg key values for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE Current Control Set Control...: What are the genuine reg key values for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Current Control Set, Control, Class keys? The keys from CDROM to Floppy disk. These keys are all suppose to be unique and NOT end with the same 5 digits? Can anyone post a screenshot of the genuine widows 10/11 key...
  4. How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to propagate a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER: Hello I have a script that creates a registry key to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE HKLM. I try to use the feature that duplicates a registry key from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to HKEY_CURRENT_USER. The script is following. # Create registry key for all users in HKCU using registry key...
  5. i have accidentally deleted registry editor file under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i have accidentally deleted registry editor file under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM...: i have accidentally deleted registry editor file under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SYSTEM CURRENTCONTROLSET CONTROL CLASS 4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-00802be10318 how can i possibly restore that? thanks for the support...
  6. What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...

What is the registry keys: !Do not use this registry key? And data values: Use the...: Good day, What does this mean? In my laptop (Windows 10 64 bit Home) In Registry Editor. HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ Shell Folders. It is a key that is called !Do not use this registry key. Entered value: Use the...
  7. How to call a registry key value under an environment variable ?

How to call a registry key value under an environment variable ?: I want to call a registry value Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX\Version Key value under any Environment variable. Is it possible ?...
  8. registry return value

registry return value: hello Champs, I use one app to return a value in the browser in the following form: the registry entry is now: "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" %1 the result in the IE browser is: http://SR:123456789/ is it possible to change the registry entry so that it...
  9. Change registry value in dynamically created registry key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change registry value in dynamically created registry key: Hello, I need find a way to disable the onboard microphone on a number of Windows 10 laptops I am imaging via SCCM OSD. After a lot of research it seems the best way to do this is by changing a registry value that controls whether the mic is enabled or disabled. I've...
  10. Location of registry key for Display language under New User Accounts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Location of registry key for Display language under New User Accounts?: I just need the location of a registry key/value in Windows. I have a PowerShell Script that changes the language and the region in Windows 10 changing the correct values in the right registry keys. There is only one registry that I can not find is the one when you select...