Windows 10: Can VirtualBox Win10 use my Win7 license key?

Discus and support Can VirtualBox Win10 use my Win7 license key? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I've never used VirtualBox before. I'm expecting that installing a Windows 10 instance will require a license key, correct? If so, can my current... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by lbeachmike, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Can VirtualBox Win10 use my Win7 license key?

I've never used VirtualBox before. I'm expecting that installing a Windows 10 instance will require a license key, correct? If so, can my current Windows 7 license key be used? If I use it there, and I ultimately decide to upgrade my Windows 7 installation to Windows 10, will that cause any problems? Will I need another license key?

Thanks.

:)

lbeachmike, Mar 13, 2021

2. Can VirtualBox Win10 use my Win7 license key?

I've never used VirtualBox before. I'm expecting that installing a Windows 10 instance will require a license key, correct? If so, can my current Windows 7 license key be used? If I use it there, and I ultimately decide to upgrade my Windows 7 installation to Windows 10, will that cause any problems? Will I need another license key?

Thanks.

lbeachmike, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Phats0 Win User
    upgraded Win7 retail to Win10. HOW do I install this license on NEW HARDWARE?

I've upgraded my PC to WIN10 from Win7 with a retail(non-OEM) license.

What are the steps i need to take to
    install and activate that license on a NEW PC?

Phats0, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Can VirtualBox Win10 use my Win7 license key?

Hello, can I use the win10 key to activate mny win7?

Btw, does the program u suggested me detect only the win7 key (if there is) or it should detect the win10 key as well?

Also, I upgraded from win7 to 10, so doesn't it count as "u can downgrade to win7"?

TheYoloCat, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Can VirtualBox Win10 use my Win7 license key?

1. Can VirtualBox Win10 use my Win7 license key? - Similar Threads - VirtualBox Win10 Win7

2. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  3. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key: I have an old computer that was running Windows 7 with an original product key, I just purchased a used laptop that is much faster than my old box had Windows 10 installed on it and would like to use my Windows 7 product key to activate Win10. I tried entering the Win7...
  4. Win7 to Win10 using Win7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license: Good morningI wanted to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, but we can't find windows 10 licenses anymore from our resellersPC is not compatible with windows 11I wanted to ask if it was possible to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 using a windows 11 licenseI know that...
  6. upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license: Good morningI wanted to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, but we can't find windows 10 licenses anymore from our resellersPC is not compatible with windows 11I wanted to ask if it was possible to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 using a windows 11 licenseI know that...
  7. Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade WIN7 To WIN10 Using Cloned WIN7 SSD: Can Both Licenses Remain?: I have a WIN 7 cloned SSD and want to attempt the WIN 10 Upgrade on it keeping all my files and apps. In case the Upgrade fails I will still have my original WIN7 SSD and can reinsert it. Question is: once I Upgrade the clone to WIN 10, will I still be able to use my...
  8. Win7 key to reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win7 key to reinstall Win10: My PC used to run Win7 when I bought it few years ago, upgraded it to Win10 later as it was free. I would like to reinstall my windows 10 now but do I use my old Win7 product key to reinstall Win10? or is the key no longer usable at all?...
  9. Win7 key to reboot Win10

Win7 key to reboot Win10: My PC used to run Win7 when I bought it few years ago, upgraded it to Win10 later as it was free. I would like to reboot my windows 10 now but do I use my old Win7 product key to reinstall Win10? or is the key no longer usable at all?...
  10. Use a used Win7 license for 2 Win10?

Use a used Win7 license for 2 Win10?: Hello, I have a PC that had Win7 and as a Win7 user you could upgrade to Win10 for free with the product key. Now I still have a PC and want to activate Win10 with the old Win7 license on it. Does this work and will the license no longer be active on the old PC? Eine...