Windows 10: Can viruses alter encrypted files ?

Discus and support Can viruses alter encrypted files ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Using bitlocker or veracrypt can any virus alter encrypted files or volumes ? also does encrypted volumes secured againes ransomeware ? 160795 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by William40, Jul 16, 2020.

1. William40 Win User

Can viruses alter encrypted files ?

Hi

Using bitlocker or veracrypt can any virus alter encrypted files or volumes ? also does encrypted volumes secured againes ransomeware ?

:)

William40, Jul 16, 2020

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Jul 16, 2020
  3. encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Can viruses alter encrypted files ?

Can I recover encrypted files with EFS without having key.pfx file ?

Hi Michael,

The Encrypting File System (EFS) is a built-in encryption tool for Windows. It is used to encrypt files and folders on your computer. You can reverse the encryption to access your files again. To decrypt folders, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the folder or file, then click Properties.
    • Click the General tab, then click Advanced.
    • Uncheck the Encrypt contents to secure data checkbox.
    • If you are decrypting folders, select the option Apply changes to this folder, subfolder and files.
    • Click OK, then click OK again to exit the window.
    Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Can viruses alter encrypted files ?

1. Can viruses alter encrypted files ? - Similar Threads - viruses alter encrypted

2. .HOOP Virus encrypted Files.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    .HOOP Virus encrypted Files.: hi everybody!!!! i used .HOOP Virus encrypted Files at my exterdenal hard disk... nothing happened,i use any other programs,eg spy hunter,but i have to buy the key i use the HOOP Virus encrypted Files programm although my pc is not affected any more,my system is clear ,i use...
  3. Encrypted drive alterative to TPM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted drive alterative to TPM.: Could I install Bitlocker to encrypt my drive to install windows 11 on a PC that is not fitted with a TPM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypted-drive-alterative-to-tpm/7e855a94-03b1-405d-a2f4-b9647b5d1cef
  4. Encrypted drive alterative to TPM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Encrypted drive alterative to TPM.: Could I install Bitlocker to encrypt my drive to install windows 11 on a PC that is not fitted with a TPM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypted-drive-alterative-to-tpm/7e855a94-03b1-405d-a2f4-b9647b5d1cef
  5. .HOOP Virus encrypted Files.

.HOOP Virus encrypted Files.: Guys I have the hoop virus, But I reset my pc after some tension, now the files are encrypted nothing seems to work online articles. Now what should I do, please help its frustrating....
  6. Altering Hosts file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Altering Hosts file: I am a new IT guy and I am trying to help with getting an employee connected to a website. In the past is has been simple to just alter the host file but now it keeps rejecting me saying that the file owner System requires admin permission. Thing is I am an admin and I can do...
  7. Converting red-only files into one that can be altered

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting red-only files into one that can be altered: Can anyone help with advice as to how I can convert read-only files into one that can be edited and saved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/converting-red-only-files-into-one-that-can-be/78adfdf4-8b23-4eea-ae9a-d11c67d3a1d2"
  8. How to restore encrypted files by the ransomware virus

How to restore encrypted files by the ransomware virus: Hi everybody, my computer has infected the ransomware virus that the files on the hard disk are all encrypted, encrypted file names are added 795256hz extension, such as abc.pdf file, the encrypted file became abc.pdf.795256hz. This virus will be placed a file...
  9. Data Encryption Virus

Data Encryption Virus: Virus Encrypted Files on my computer. How do I decrypt? I had a virus attack on Jan 15, 2019 . The virus encrypted all my important files such Dump file and log sheets of my data base . Do you have any ideas on how I can decrypt my locked files? I've also recieved a...
  10. Recover encrypted files by virus

Recover encrypted files by virus: Hello people. A friend of mine brought his computer to me to see if I am able to clear an encrypted mess done by a virus. Is it possible to recover that encrypted data? I know it may be almost impossible due to the lack of private key but I have an app called...