Windows 10: Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?

Discus and support Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am working with a client who is trying to move resources from a Managed Service Provider to their on premise infrastructure.The current MSP is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jordan Gustavson, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?

I am working with a client who is trying to move resources from a Managed Service Provider to their on premise infrastructure.The current MSP is currently providing the client with a single physical server running two Windows Server unknown version VMs. We asked for copies of the VMs so we could both archive everything in it’s current state, and keep one of those VMs running as-is. It’s running some proprietary software that is no longer supported and we have no way of rebuilding on a fresh system.The current MSP is telling us that they cannot transfer the VMs to us, only the raw

:)

Jordan Gustavson, Feb 1, 2023

2. Using SPLA License in iPad

Hi,

Can we use SPLA license in iPad as well? I need to install Microsoft applications in an iPad but i only have SPLA license.

Thank you,

Nichole Sanchez, Feb 1, 2023
  3. Pat_BBE Win User
    VM Licenses

I'm using a Dell PC with a factory installed OEM version of Windows 10 Pro.

My work requires me to use program editing software from many different vendors, these software titles often don't work well and can cause issue with the PC they are installed on. My thought is to isolate them by using VMs with the software for each vendor
    installed on it's own VM - isolated from my Host and the other VMs I would use for other editors.

My new PC with Win10 OEM would be the host. Only 1 VM would be used on the host at a time but there would be as many as 10 different VMs I could run on the host.

Can I copy my host OS to the VM with my OEM license?

If I can't, and I need a new license for the VMs can I use 1 license for the multiple VMs?

Is there an upgrade from OEM to FPP ?

Pat

Pat_BBE, Feb 1, 2023
  4. DONMOZZA Win User

Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?

Removing Windows SPLA key

Hi

We are switching away from our existing MSP.

The current MSP has their SPLA license key on the VM's for Windows Server and SQL.

If we or they remove the existing SPLA key using slsmgr, how long do I have until I need to enter the new license details on the VM?

If we remove the original SPLA key does it go into evaluation on unactivated mode and you have a 30, 60 or 120 grace period?

thanks,

Maurice

DONMOZZA, Feb 1, 2023
Thema:

Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?

1. Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing? - Similar Threads - VMs licensed SPLA

2. keeping track of spla license usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keeping track of spla license usage: I've taken ove an environemnt that uses SPLA but the previous tech never kept track of SPLA usage. Is there any free software that I could use to try find what in the environement is using SPLA Licenes and their quantities? Im also open to suggestions on how to better keep...
  3. keeping track of spla license usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keeping track of spla license usage: I've taken ove an environemnt that uses SPLA but the previous tech never kept track of SPLA usage. Is there any free software that I could use to try find what in the environement is using SPLA Licenes and their quantities? Im also open to suggestions on how to better keep...
  4. Windows server VMs licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows server VMs licensing: HiI have server with 2 16-core CPUs onboard and Vmware hypervisor installed on it.What kind and number of licenses I have to buy in order to run Windows Server 2019/2022 as virtual machines inside it?If I buy Windows Server Standart licenses for 32 cores, what number and...
  5. Windows server VMs licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows server VMs licensing: HiI have server with 2 16-core CPUs onboard and Vmware hypervisor installed on it.What kind and number of licenses I have to buy in order to run Windows Server 2019/2022 as virtual machines inside it?If I buy Windows Server Standart licenses for 32 cores, what number and...
  6. Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can VMs licensed by SPLA be moved to non-hosted on premise with retial licensing?: I am working with a client who is trying to move resources from a Managed Service Provider to their on premise infrastructure.The current MSP is currently providing the client with a single physical server running two Windows Server unknown version VMs. We asked for copies...
  7. SPLA licenses and associated training vouchers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    SPLA licenses and associated training vouchers: Hi, Wec buy our licenses from managed services provider that has a splar licensing agreement with Microsoft. I'm trying to find out if we as the customer of the msp are entitled to any training vouchers aasociated with the licenses, being as we've purchased them, or if...
  8. moveing license

moveing license: iI have a windows10 pc activated by digital license linked to my Microsoft account. and i have bought new pc so want to move the license to new pc but it just make error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moveing-license/42707ff6-c684-43e4-a03d-3882218f5593"
  9. Licensing Windows 10 within VMs

Licensing Windows 10 within VMs: I'm a developer, and I'm sorta paranoid, so all my computers run Linux in work mode. I have a HDD with an official install of W7 for gaming, but some of my customers need me into Windows. So the natural answer is a Virtual Machine. Can I buy a license of W10 and then...
  10. Licensing Question - Windows and VMs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Licensing Question - Windows and VMs: Hey Guys, I'm wondering if any of you can give me some insight on the Following Scenario: I would like to create a virtual machine on my MBP of Windows 10 Pro for testing/troubleshooting/general tinkery. I imagine I will be utilizing Snapshots but can anybody force...