Windows 10: Can water damage have an effect on fps?

Discus and support Can water damage have an effect on fps? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Two days ago I spilled water near my pc and thankfully i dont think any got on it. All the same I took it away from the area and unplugged it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ColinSullivan4, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Can water damage have an effect on fps?

Two days ago I spilled water near my pc and thankfully i dont think any got on it. All the same I took it away from the area and unplugged it and nothing got wet, but when I plugged it back in my pc went from running 120 fps in game to like 20 and it wont go back up. Anyone know whats up?

:)

ColinSullivan4, Jul 15, 2020
  2. synth_fg Win User

water damage

OK the indicators you describe are inside the phone so I don't see how you can tell if they are pink or not without having opened it yourself

Water damage can be caused by the phone spending significant time in a humid enviroment,

a bathroom or kitchen, a trouser pocket on a hot or wet day etc the damage is culmalative but will turn the moisture indicators occasionaly

once even a very small amount of water gets into the phone it it classed as beyond economic repair as corosion damage is agan culmalative and can take significant time to take effect, once moisture gets in the only option is to replace all of the electronics
    in the phone

synth_fg, Jul 15, 2020
  3. bazyeo Win User
    Water Damage Indicator

You will find phone repair companies cite water damage as a way of getting out of repairing the phone under warranty. Here in Australia the telecom repair industry has been warned about using "water damage" as a means of getting out of their obligations.
    I do not know what country you are in but would suggest you take this up with the Consumer Affairs authority in your country.

bazyeo, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Can water damage have an effect on fps?

water damage

Just wondering how a phone can be returned from Nokia care unrepaired as the fault is stated to be due to water damage yet the phone has not been near any water and the indicators on the phone and battery which are supposed to turn red in the event of water
    damage are still totally white ? Yet another N97 mystery. Can anyone help me solve it ?

fluxxxxcat, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Can water damage have an effect on fps?

1. Can water damage have an effect on fps? - Similar Threads - water damage effect

2. Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop: I recently spilled some of my morning coffee on my laptop and I hurried fast by cleaning it with a towel and wiping down some of the keys and now some of my laptop keys don't work is there anyway to fix this?...
  3. Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop: I recently spilled some of my morning coffee on my laptop and I hurried fast by cleaning it with a towel and wiping down some of the keys and now some of my laptop keys don't work is there anyway to fix this?...
  4. MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME: Will I LOST MY DATA??? PLEASE TELL ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-water-damage-dead-help-me/8dd903e7-28e4-46d4-b6eb-221ef22e8838
  5. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?: Hii!It has been long since i was active in this community,Now the thing is that this morning i accidentally spilled some liquid onto the keyboard in the left areas, the ctrl, fn, alt, z and probably caps lock and shift.Well, It was a sugary drink and It's not that many and...
  6. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?: Hii!It has been long since i was active in this community,Now the thing is that this morning i accidentally spilled some liquid onto the keyboard in the left areas, the ctrl, fn, alt, z and probably caps lock and shift.Well, It was a sugary drink and It's not that many and...
  7. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. water damage to laptop, need some advise

in Windows 10 Support
    water damage to laptop, need some advise: Hello... Today my Lenovo T550 laptop got damage by water and I believe the motherboard is dead now. What I like to do is remove the hard drive buy another used T550 laptop and place my hard drive into it. I'm curious will it boot up? The windows version will also be the same....
  9. Water damage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Water damage: So not really a Microsoft Surface or anything, but it is a Windows 10 laptop so I'm hoping I could get some help here. Last night when I was not around my (open) laptop, my water bottle had tipped over all over my keyboard. I found out a few mins after, during which my...
  10. water effects

in Windows 10 Customization
    water effects: i noticed in the live tile on my desktop that the picture of my wall paper had moving water is there a way to make my wallpaper do that all the time? 45960