Windows 10: Can we control where browsers store their cache files?

Discus and support Can we control where browsers store their cache files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see no setting to enable me to change it from the default C:\Users location they all seem to be in. Is this impossible? I use several browsers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bob Is Interested, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Can we control where browsers store their cache files?

I see no setting to enable me to change it from the default C:\Users location they all seem to be in. Is this impossible? I use several browsers.

:)

Bob Is Interested, Apr 27, 2022
  2. Jan Del Win User

Windows Store Broken - Windows Store cache may be damaged

Hi,

Since you already run wsreset.exe, We suggest clearing/deleting the local cache by following these steps:

• Run Command.
    • Click Users.
    • Select the username that you're using to login on the computer.
    • Click AppData.
    • Select Local.
    • Click on Packages.
    • Select on Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    • Click on LocalCache.
    • Delete all files and folders.
    • After you have deleted cache try to open Windows App Store again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 27, 2022
  3. Windows Store Cache Problems (Windows 10)

Hi,

Corrupted Windows Store components are one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. Let's try resetting Windows Store cache as the administrator. Follow the steps below:

• Type wsreset.exe in the search box.
    • Right-click wsreset, then select Run as Administrator.
    • Complete the process, then open Windows Store to test.
    If the issue still persists, we recommend following the suggested steps by
    SpiritX MS MVP
    on this thread. Follow the steps 1 to 4 and see if it helps.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Can we control where browsers store their cache files?

Microsoft store cache damaged?

Follow the below steps to Reset Windows Store cache.

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.

• Type wsreset.exe and press Enter.

GreyHairedDrago, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

Can we control where browsers store their cache files?

1. Can we control where browsers store their cache files? - Similar Threads - control where browsers

2. Can we control where browsers store their cache files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can we control where browsers store their cache files?: I see no setting to enable me to change it from the default C:\Users location they all seem to be in. Is this impossible? I use several browsers....
  3. Where are the Internet Files and system cache stored?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where are the Internet Files and system cache stored?: Hello, could I know where the Internet Files and system cache are stored in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-the-internet-files-and-system-cache/7d7f997d-b28d-4ab4-9074-015400889027
  4. Microsoft store cache

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store cache: Hi All, I am trying to download an update of Disney Magic Kingdoms. When I go to the App Store I get a never ending loop of download / install / download /install ... If I cancel the download and run the app, it says it needs to be updated and sends me back to the app...
  5. where is the clean cache in Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    where is the clean cache in Edge?: Can no longer find the clean cache in Edge?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-clean-cache-in-edge/f882499a-585f-4c26-bae6-ec79c12f5cb0
  6. Browser Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Cache files: Hello,Before shutting down the computer, I run "CCleaner" to remove all 'coockies' and browser cache files.My default browser is 'Chrome', but most cache files are from 'Edge'.My question: When I start the computer (day after cleaning), internet is still not connected,...
  7. Browser Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Cache files: Hello,Before shutting down the computer, I run "CCleaner" to remove all 'coockies' and browser cache files.My default browser is 'Chrome', but most cache files are from 'Edge'.My question: When I start the computer (day after cleaning), internet is still not connected,...
  8. Browser Cache files

in Browsers and Email
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  9. Browser Cache files

in Windows 10 Support
    Browser Cache files: Hello,My default browser is Google Chrome, and as a spare one I installed Firefox. I do not use built-in Edge or old internet browser, and I am the only user of my computer.Before making a long break, I open Ccleaner to make some cleaning and I find lot of cache files from...
  10. Where does the update tool cache the installation files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Where does the update tool cache the installation files?: I just got a call from my grandfather, and he told me that he burned through three-quarters of his 5gb hotspot data plan in one day. My thoughts are that the timing of this is all too coincidental, and that his PC may have cached the Windows 10 installation files. I'm gonna...