Windows 10: Can we copy or move filehistory in Windows 10

Discus and support Can we copy or move filehistory in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to build 2 backups of my PC in 2 different locations So, I would like to use a disk A to backup my date using the windows 10 file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FILIPPO38, Jun 13, 2019.

1. FILIPPO38 Win User

Can we copy or move filehistory in Windows 10

Hi,

I would like to build 2 backups of my PC in 2 different locations

So, I would like to use a disk A to backup my date using the windows 10 file history backup

Then, when I am in my second location, I would like to be able to make a second backup on an other disk B

So, my question is :

If

- in location 1, I backup my data using the disk A -> creation of a filehistory file on A, with regular updates -> last version x

- in location 2, I backup my data using the disk B -> creation of a filehistory file on B -> version y

When I am back to my location 1, if I choose the previous disk A, does the updates will be done based on last version x, or does the backup will assume the version y ?

In clear, is it possible to update in parallel 2 disks with 2 different filehistory files ?

I hope i have been clear (sorry I am french...)

Thanks for your help

Philippe L

-

:)

FILIPPO38, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

FileHistory in Windows 10 Build 17763.253 completes incomplete Can we copy or move filehistory in Windows 10 :)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

File History only backs up copies of files that are in the Documents,
    Music, Pictures, Videos, and Desktop folders and the OneDrive files available offline on your PC. If you have files or folders elsewhere that you want backed up, you can add them to one of these folders. I would suggest you to format the new
    drive and then try to initiate file History back up once again.

You can try resetting File history. To reset file history, disable (turn it off) it and follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Go to the folder %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory. You can copy and paste this path to the address bar of File Explorer.
    2. Delete all files and folders you see.

Once you perform the above steps, you can try setting up file history once again. If you need any additional assistance, please reply back with the exact error message.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Can we copy or move filehistory in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - copy move filehistory

2. Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home on a PC Desktop and all the latest updates. Copying files from one location to another using Explorer doesn't work. I have restarted Explorer and doing it worked for a few actions then failed again. I restarted it again and I could copy/cut files...
  3. Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't copy/move files in Windows 10.: Hello. I have Windows 10 Home on a PC Desktop and all the latest updates. Copying files from one location to another using Explorer doesn't work. I have restarted Explorer and doing it worked for a few actions then failed again. I restarted it again and I could copy/cut files...
  4. WINDOWS 10 - FILEHISTORY BACKUPS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 - FILEHISTORY BACKUPS: Hi. Q. I have an external hard drive which I have been using to copy files from a laptop using FileHistory. I now have a second laptop and I would like to copy files from it to the same drive I've been using for my other laptop, also using FileHistory. I want to make sure...
  5. Moving or Copying

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Moving or Copying: Sunday, December 6, 2020 Yesterday when I first went to copy a file to another location, when I clicked on the copy-folder icon, instead of seeing a tiny button appear to the lower right of the icon saying "choose location" I'm getting this 10" drop-down window which...
  6. Windows 10 FileHistory Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 FileHistory Bug: I cannot get my FileHistory to keep doing regular backups, it decides to stop backing up manually or automatically. In the even log I am given this message: Unable to start a backup cycle for configuration At this location...
  7. windows 10 FileHistory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 FileHistory: Hello . I need some help with FileHistory backup. The system as stopped working. I've tryed a number of sugestions from previous posts but still backup won't work. I need to use the same external USB drive, there is a backup on this drive. I've tryed changing the...
  8. Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can no longer move/copy files to shortcuts.: The subject says it. Windows will no longer let me drag & move or copy to a shortcut. Is there a fix? [img] 156902
  9. Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10: I have just lost a folder of files that I meant to copy from one location to another location on the same drive. I meant to copy the files, but instead I moved them. Realizing my mistake, I used the "Undo" function and now the files/folders have completely disappeared ......
  10. Copy to/Move To

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy to/Move To: Will the Copy To/Move To registry hack for Windows work with Windows 10? Add Copy To / Move To on Windows 7 or Vista Right-Click Menu 20557