Windows 10: CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?

Discus and support CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, can we delete old windows 10 system file after windows 11 upgrade or will it be automatically deleted after some time ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rachana rai, Oct 26, 2021.

1. CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?

Hi, can we delete old windows 10 system file after windows 11 upgrade or will it be automatically deleted after some time ?

:)

Rachana rai, Oct 26, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 26, 2021
  4. CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?

1. CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ? - Similar Threads - DELETE OLD FILE

2. Which files can I delete after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which files can I delete after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11?: Hi guys,I just updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 today and I'm checking drive C for files I can delete. I'm seeing the following files taking significant storage space on my drive. Is it OK to delete them? How about ESD, MSOCache, and OneDriveTemp? Thank you very much for...
  3. Which files can I delete after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Which files can I delete after upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11?: Hi guys,I just updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 today and I'm checking drive C for files I can delete. I'm seeing the following files taking significant storage space on my drive. Is it OK to delete them? How about ESD, MSOCache, and OneDriveTemp? Thank you very much for...
  4. CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CAN WE DELETE OLD WINDOWS 10 FILE AFTER WINDOWS 11 UPGRADE ?: Hi, can we delete old windows 10 system file after windows 11 upgrade or will it be automatically deleted after some time ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-we-delete-old-windows-10-file-after-windows-11/449aaaf6-97b5-462f-8466-1c21363950e6
  5. Deleting old files of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting old files of windows: Should I delete the older files of windows 10 versions on my laptop or should I keep them? submitted by /u/cCrUzCc [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbgexs/deleting_old_files_of_windows/
  6. Accessing old Window files after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accessing old Window files after upgrade: Hi, I finally successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro 64-bit to Win 10 (with the excellent help from people on this forum!). But there were some things that I wanted to backup and didn't. But I discovered that my old Windows files are still on my computer. Is it safe to access...
  7. Deleting Windows Old Files

Deleting Windows Old Files: My Tablet just updated to Version 1803 Build 17134.81 As strange as it sounds, Windows Disk Cleanup says I have 11.5 GIGS! of "Old Windows Installation." Is this safe to delete/remove? 111537
  8. can i delete "windows old files" ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    can i delete "windows old files" ?: i noticed my pc's memory is very depleted. i got rid of some programs i dont use...didnt help. so i ran disk cleanup and it found 28GB of junk, but after an hour, my patience soon ran out and didnt complete said scan. and even though the windows old files are over 8GB, i...
  9. How to Delete the Old Windows Files after Upgrading Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Delete the Old Windows Files after Upgrading Windows 10?: OK,OK You might be thinkin' now that "What a DUMB Question is This?" But First before typing that please read through! After Upgrading my Windows 10 to Latest Build Windows Showed me that i Haven't have any Space Left in my HDD so it recommended me to delete the...
  10. can I delete Windows10Upgrade after upgrading to windows 10

can I delete Windows10Upgrade after upgrading to windows 10: After successful upgrading to windows 10 I was left with 3 folders that weren't in system disk before: Windows10Upgrade $GetCurrent inetpub they're not big but I don't like redundant folders I did few times Disk Cleanup after system cleanup so maybe they're needed but...