Windows 10: Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a...

Discus and support Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Khyze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4mrqf/can_we_easily_removeadd_stuff_from_the_context/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Khyze, Mar 13, 2021.

1. /u/Khyze Win User

Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a...

/u/Khyze, Mar 13, 2021
  2. Necrofire Win User

CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a... ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a... ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a... :)

Necrofire, Mar 13, 2021
  3. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a...

Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a... :(

ArmoredCavalry, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a...

1. Can we easily remove/add stuff from the Context Menu? (that would speed up my workflow a... - Similar Threads - easily remove add

2. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu: Easily Add Any App to Windows Context MenuWhatCommand to add a Registry value that will add an app to Windows’ Context Menu so that app can be ran/opened from the Context Menu. WhyIf you have an app that you use a lot, you would benefit from being able to start or open that...
  3. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu: Easily Add Any App to Windows Context MenuWhatCommand to add a Registry value that will add an app to Windows’ Context Menu so that app can be ran/opened from the Context Menu. WhyIf you have an app that you use a lot, you would benefit from being able to start or open that...
  4. Easily Add Any App to Windows Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Add or Remove Pin to Start from Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Pin to Start from Context Menu in Windows 10: Pinning in Windows 10 continues to become more and more popular with time! Pinning is a feature that gives the ability to pin settings, apps, files, and programs to the Start Menu. In this post, we will show you how to remove Pin to Start from right-click context menu in...
  6. Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Items in Send To context menu in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 You will see the Send to context menu when you right click on a file or folder in Windows. The Send to context...
  7. Context Menu: Can I add browsers to it?

in Browsers and Email
    Context Menu: Can I add browsers to it?: I've been having one or two problems with Firefox lately, and to be honest Edge and IE 11, and may want to add Chrome.. What I need is a context menu addition for Desktop URL's that launches them into a choice of browser. At the moment I can only launch into (For the...
  8. Remove from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  9. Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Properties from Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard...
  10. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...