Windows 10: Can we get beter error messages ...

Discus and support Can we get beter error messages ... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get an error message but lacks a SIGNIGANT detail. The message I get is: ------------------------------------------- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nick_897, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Nick_897 Win User

Can we get beter error messages ...

I get an error message but lacks a SIGNIGANT detail. The message I get is:

-------------------------------------------

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\pr…

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate It in

an unusual way

Please contact the application's support team for more

information.

---------------------------

Seriously "Program: C:\pr… " ! C:\pr... probably means C:\programs BUT, that doesn't narrow it down much. I know what program initiates the error message but I do not know if it is that .exe or some subsequent program that causes the error message

RECOMMENDATION: List the full offending name or a link to it or a error log that I can use to narrow it down.

FWIW … I have a separate question regarding the fix for the error. Replacing the C++ programs did not resolve the issue.

:)

Nick_897, Nov 13, 2019

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Nov 13, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Can we get beter error messages ... - Similar Threads - beter error messages

2. We are using Server 2012 R2 in VMware. We are getting the error message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We are using Server 2012 R2 in VMware. We are getting the error message.: Hi All, We are using Server 2012 R2 in VMWare environment. We are received the below error message. Microsoft Windows Kernel Power error ID 41. "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed,...
  3. We are using Server 2012 R2 in VMware. We are getting the error message.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We are using Server 2012 R2 in VMware. We are getting the error message.: Hi All, We are using Server 2012 R2 in VMWare environment. We are received the below error message. Microsoft Windows Kernel Power error ID 41. "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed,...
  4. How can I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of this error message?: I am constantly getting this message no matter what I am doing or which browser I use. This site can’t be reached Check if there is a typo in app.popcart.com. If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI clicked on windows...
  5. How can I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I get rid of this error message?: I am constantly getting this message no matter what I am doing or which browser I use. This site can’t be reached Check if there is a typo in app.popcart.com. If spelling is correct, try running Windows Network Diagnostics. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAINI clicked on windows...
  6. How can I get rid of this error message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Getting this error message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting this error message: Hi. I tried to go on a website to download my vpn. I've done it before so i know it works normally usually, but today i went on and got an error saying NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID . Does anyone know how to fix this submitted by /u/Ali_46290 [link] [comments]...
  8. getting error message

in Windows 10 Support
    getting error message: an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B. it's popped up a few times. i wasn't trying to load a program. only thing running on my machine was chrome. the error in event viewer says the source of the error was ChkUpd....
  9. Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...: Win 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.472). Something happened to my other computer. This morning my Dell laptop took 15 mins to boot and the desktop is completely changed. I keep a lot of important documents on the desktop and these folders are all gone, there is only an Edge...
  10. Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting error message: We can't sign into your account ...: Win 10 Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.472). Something happened to my other computer. This morning my Dell laptop took 15 mins to boot and the desktop is completely changed. I keep a lot of important documents on the desktop and these folders are all gone, there is only an Edge...