Windows 10: Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen?

Discus and support Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Team, "Remove" button is grayed out and I cannot let my users only sign in with password. They use Pin feature to sign in which they do not want.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Priyank_Y, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Priyank_Y Win User

Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen?

Hi Team,

"Remove" button is grayed out and I cannot let my users only sign in with password. They use Pin feature to sign in which they do not want.

It is annoying for some users and only want to use password as the sign in option.

Tried things in registry and Windows Key > settings > accounts > sign in options - but no avail.

Users want to make password as the default option and not PIN. In short is it possible to not show Pin and only use password as the option to sign in.

Important thing - Why the remove button is grayed out?

System config Win 10 x64.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks!!
    Priyank

:)

Priyank_Y, Oct 5, 2020

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 5, 2020
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 5, 2020
  4. Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen?

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue with the missing features on login screen.

1. Which security software is installed on your device?
    2. Is your device connected to domain network?

Please try the below suggested steps and check if the required sign in options are available from login screen.

Enable sign-in using PIN from group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
    3. In the right pane, double click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in policy
      to edit it.
    4. Select Enabled option from Turn on convenience PIN sign-in window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign-in using PIN is available on the login screen.

Enable sign into Windows 10 using Biometrics from Local Group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics.
    3. In the right pane of Biometrics, double click on Allow users to log on using biometrics.
    4. Select Enabled option from Allow users to log on using biometrics window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign in using Biometrics is available on the login screen.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen?

1. Can we remove the "PIN" as a sign-in option at Login screen? - Similar Threads - remove PIN sign

2. Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!: Hello there,I see this has been covered before, but after spending hours trying to get into my Windows 11 laptop, only to get 'your pin is not available'. My backup option of mobile phone not an option, sods law that my backup email account was not available due to outage....
  3. Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove PIN sign-in has no option to remove!: Hello there,I see this has been covered before, but after spending hours trying to get into my Windows 11 laptop, only to get 'your pin is not available'. My backup option of mobile phone not an option, sods law that my backup email account was not available due to outage....
  4. Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen: I work in the computer lab of a senior center, where we help community members learn about their devices and keep them connected. This has been especially important during the pandemic.I have a member of our center who has forgotten their Windows PIN. Many times over the...
  5. Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen: I work in the computer lab of a senior center, where we help community members learn about their devices and keep them connected. This has been especially important during the pandemic.I have a member of our center who has forgotten their Windows PIN. Many times over the...
  6. Forgot Windows PIN; sign-in options are not available on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?

Login PIN doesn't remove Login Password option?: Hi, I've been using a local login for my Win 10 but after reading I added a Pin. My question is when I log in now, I'm still given the option of using my passowrd or pin. I thought the purpose of having a Pin was to do away with the password option? Can I disable the password...
  8. No option to use PIN on the login screen

No option to use PIN on the login screen: Hi,I have a PC that is connected to our businesses Azure AD.I have added the user that is going to use the PC, but no matter what I try I cannot login with a PINcode.I am perfectly able to add a pincode, but the loginscreen doesn't show the option to use it. Only the password...
  9. How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on a Lenovo Y920. I'm trying to disable sign in options that make it so I have to use a password or pin to login. If anyone can help me do that I would greatly appreciate it. 148279
  10. How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove sign in options like pin and password before login?: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on a Lenovo Y920. I'm trying to disable sign in options that make it so I have to use a password or pin to login. If anyone can help me do that I would greatly appreciate it. 148279