Windows 10: Can we reset the settings from Windows ?

Discus and support Can we reset the settings from Windows ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So here's my question : can we reset the settings in the Windows setting application ? I would like to put my mouse settings back as they were, but I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chad Thauvette, May 13, 2021.

1. Can we reset the settings from Windows ?

So here's my question : can we reset the settings in the Windows setting application ? I would like to put my mouse settings back as they were, but I can't find where I is the option to restart these settings. I wish someone would know...

:)

Chad Thauvette, May 13, 2021
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 13, 2021
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 13, 2021
  4. newfellow Win User

Can we reset the settings from Windows ?

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Can we reset the settings from Windows ?

1. Can we reset the settings from Windows ? - Similar Threads - reset settings

2. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  3. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?: I have the Windows Spotlight lock screen with rotating images. A while ago I clicked "dislike" on an AI image of desert. But I think instead of training Spotlight to not display AI images, it stopped it from showing any images of desert or landscapes that looked similar. Is...
  4. How to reset Windows Spotlight settings/preferences?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...: I factory reset my windows 10 pc and now my ox keeps turning on and off and never fully loading to let me do anything, what should I do to fix it...
  6. What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...

What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...: I factory reset my windows 10 pc and now my ox keeps turning on and off and never fully loading to let me do anything, what should I do to fix it...
  7. What should I do, I factory reset my pc on windows 10 through the settings menu and chose...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I have currently just did a format on my pc and i reset it through the settings. I am on a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have currently just did a format on my pc and i reset it through the settings. I am on a...: Hey there, i recently did a format on my laptop today and i had my windows pro activated before i formatted. After i formatted however, i lost my activation key and i do not know how to activate it back. If someone can help me find my product key, i will FOREVER be grateful!...
  9. I have currently just did a format on my pc and i reset it through the settings. I am on a...

I have currently just did a format on my pc and i reset it through the settings. I am on a...: Hey there, i recently did a format on my laptop today and i had my windows pro activated before i formatted. After i formatted however, i lost my activation key and i do not know how to activate it back. If someone can help me find my product key, i will FOREVER be grateful!...
  10. I have currently just did a format on my pc and i reset it through the settings. I am on a...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging