Windows 10: Can we run Windows 10 on a VMWare VM?

Discus and support Can we run Windows 10 on a VMWare VM? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; my company would like to use Windows on a VMWare Vm. The host is a VMWAre server and we don't care which Windows version we use except that the VM will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by normanwheatley, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Can we run Windows 10 on a VMWare VM?

my company would like to use Windows on a VMWare Vm. The host is a VMWAre server and we don't care which Windows version we use except that the VM will be configured with 2 CPU and 1 TB of disk and single user.

I hear tell that Windows 10 USB would work but has anyone actually had experience doinf this pleasE?

thanks heaps

norm

:)

normanwheatley, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Derek12 Win User

Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add VMware logo for VMware videocard

I am using a Windows 7 64-bit OS with VMware on it, on which I run various VMs.
    When running GPU-Z under a VMware VM, the videocard logo in GPU-Z is empty.
    I see that GPU-Z is aware VMware exists, looking at the stats here:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/stats.php

I suggest adding a VMware logo, since clicking the logo shows the GPU-Z About screen, and with no logo you can't click (although you can find the About screen in the system menu).
    Here is a good logo:

Can we run Windows 10 on a VMWare VM? photo.png

Naki, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Can we run Windows 10 on a VMWare VM?

Disk usage 100% when run vmware on windows 10

Hello,

I request you to try running the VMware with admin rights.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on VMware.
    • Select Run as administrator.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Can we run Windows 10 on a VMWare VM?

1. Can we run Windows 10 on a VMWare VM? - Similar Threads - run VMWare

2. Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?: Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?i have my file attachedhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1WQF9mvd2l9QuclgIK6TTrzwhDVMsjXvV/view?usp=drive_link...
  3. Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?: Can VMware Workstation 17 Player run on my 2-in-1 laptop?i have my file attachedhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1WQF9mvd2l9QuclgIK6TTrzwhDVMsjXvV/view?usp=drive_link...
  4. VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional: Hello,I hope you are having a good day. I am interested in purchasing a VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional. However, I am specifically looking for a version that is not an evaluation copy from the Microsoft developer site.Could you kindly provide detailed...
  5. VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional

VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional: Hello,I hope you are having a good day. I am interested in purchasing a VMware virtual machine running Windows 11 Professional. However, I am specifically looking for a version that is not an evaluation copy from the Microsoft developer site.Could you kindly provide detailed...
  6. VMWare - Running out of Descriptions for

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VMWare - Running out of Descriptions for: So, after trying desperately to install various WINDOWS versions "Guest" on Player 16.2.4 on my office, Win 10 pc, I tried Win XP Home, 32-bit [a physical disk] on my newer, domestic, Win 11 machine. For the first time, VMWare Tools loaded; despite the little black window and...
  7. VMWare - Running out of Descriptions for

VMWare - Running out of Descriptions for: So, after trying desperately to install various WINDOWS versions "Guest" on Player 16.2.4 on my office, Win 10 pc, I tried Win XP Home, 32-bit [a physical disk] on my newer, domestic, Win 11 machine. For the first time, VMWare Tools loaded; despite the little black window and...
  8. VMWare - Running out of Descriptions for

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Running XP Professional .iso on VMWARE on Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running XP Professional .iso on VMWARE on Win 11: An older VMWare version 6 went haywire on my Win 10, so I figured I'd try their version 16 on Win 11 and Install a copy of XP Professional -32-bit. Everything is OK until one has to put in the Product Key. This can be found on the .iso in .txt files. But the Installer keeps...
  10. Running XP Professional .iso on VMWARE on Win 11

Running XP Professional .iso on VMWARE on Win 11: An older VMWare version 6 went haywire on my Win 10, so I figured I'd try their version 16 on Win 11 and Install a copy of XP Professional -32-bit. Everything is OK until one has to put in the Product Key. This can be found on the .iso in .txt files. But the Installer keeps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4493441 virtual machine