Windows 10: Can we select the updates to install?

Discus and support Can we select the updates to install? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As Win 7 users, we could select which updates to install and which not. Now, in Win 10 era, we can disable automatic updates and search manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Skakner, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Skakner Win User

Can we select the updates to install?

As Win 7 users, we could select which updates to install and which not.
    Now, in Win 10 era, we can disable automatic updates and search manually instead but we don't have the chance of selection.
    So, what's the point to search manually?

Automatic Updates Disableb = no updates installed
    Automatic updates Enabled = all the updates installed
    Manually search for updates = all the updates installed

Is it a black or white situation?
    Am I missing something?

:)

Skakner, Sep 12, 2020
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, Sep 12, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can we select the updates to install? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Can we select the updates to install?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Can we select the updates to install?

1. Can we select the updates to install? - Similar Threads - select updates install

2. How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?: I just went through three days of hell trying to undo your update to Windows 10. When I first turned it on, it took 40 minutes to boot up. So, I thought maybe it was just the update. The last update kept it from booting for 46 hours. Now it's still 38 minutes to boot, and...
  3. How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?: I just went through three days of hell trying to undo your update to Windows 10. When I first turned it on, it took 40 minutes to boot up. So, I thought maybe it was just the update. The last update kept it from booting for 46 hours. Now it's still 38 minutes to boot, and...
  4. How do we get the old Windows, and select the updates that we want?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldn't install this update, but you can try again: uhmmmm,help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-install-this-update-but-you-can-try/c0e355ff-f080-4e8a-9a12-04ee91d1e4b2
  6. We couldn't install this update, but you can try again

We couldn't install this update, but you can try again: uhmmmm,help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/we-couldnt-install-this-update-but-you-can-try/c0e355ff-f080-4e8a-9a12-04ee91d1e4b2
  7. "We couldn't install this update, but you can try again Oxc1900101"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We couldn't install this update, but you can try again Oxc1900101": "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0xc1900101"I have been trying to install the latest Windows 11 on my ASUS ROG Strix G15, but it...
  8. "We couldn't install this update, but you can try again Oxc1900101"

"We couldn't install this update, but you can try again Oxc1900101": "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0xc1900101"I have been trying to install the latest Windows 11 on my ASUS ROG Strix G15, but it...
  9. we couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0x800700b7

we couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0x800700b7: Ever since Windows 11 has come out i have been getting this error "we couldn't install this update, but you can try again 0x800700b7". i have attempted to download and install the update for Windows 11 from Windows 10 multiple times but it never pushes through and i get this...
  10. Can we Install windows on Macbook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can we Install windows on Macbook: since my childhood am using windows, and i have lot more experience with windows, last week i brought a MacBook, but am not friendly with ios, because if we compare there are a lot of things uncomfortable with ios, but i love machine, so i want to ask can I install windows on...