Windows 10: Can we view our Win10 backed-up files?

Discus and support Can we view our Win10 backed-up files? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm thinking to use the built-in Win10 backup facility. In fact am using it with the default settings. It is saving the folders it chose in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by abrogard, Aug 11, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

Can we view our Win10 backed-up files?

I'm thinking to use the built-in Win10 backup facility. In fact am using it with the default settings. It is saving the folders it chose in the beginning at periods it chose and to a drive that I think it must have chosen because I don't recall telling it.

I made a complete backup with it yesterday.

Today I returned to it intending to ensure the files/folders I'm concerned about are backed up and those I don't care about are ignored.

It seems to be backing up one that I want: pictures. And I thought I'd take a look to check. Found no way to take a look. Actually found no way to see where on this backup drive the files are.

Is that how it is with it or there's some way I can find them and look at them?

:)

abrogard, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 10, 2020
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 10, 2020
  4. Can we view our Win10 backed-up files?

How to display tile view for pictures in the File Explorer.

Hi Matthew,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in files view settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn on Tiles view of pictures.

1. Open File Explorer where pictures are present.

2. Right click on the blank space in the File Explorer.

3. Then click on View option from the list and choose
    Tiles.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

Can we view our Win10 backed-up files?

1. Can we view our Win10 backed-up files? - Similar Threads - view Win10 backed

2. How can we see our notification history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we see our notification history: How can we see our notification history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-see-our-notification-history/0615f0db-dee1-4249-a3cd-2a232df4882e
  3. How can we get our product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can we get our product key?: How can we get our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-our-product-key/af71d1cf-d02e-4b01-a9e9-08d1939791d9
  4. How can we get our product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can we get our product key?: How can we get our product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-get-our-product-key/af71d1cf-d02e-4b01-a9e9-08d1939791d9
  5. All of the files we download are not blocked for viewing. This includes our sharepoint site...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    All of the files we download are not blocked for viewing. This includes our sharepoint site...: All of the files we download are not blocked for viewing. This includes our sharepoint site and some sites we constantly download files from. This happens with Word and Excel files as well....
  6. All of the files we download are not blocked for viewing. This includes our sharepoint site...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All of the files we download are not blocked for viewing. This includes our sharepoint site...: All of the files we download are not blocked for viewing. This includes our sharepoint site and some sites we constantly download files from....
  7. All of the files we download are not blocked for viewing. This includes our sharepoint site...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All of the files we download are not blocked for viewing. This includes our sharepoint site...: All of the files we download are not blocked for viewing. This includes our sharepoint site and some sites we constantly download files from....
  8. what is going on, can we view our pics or not, showing other peoples questions is no help....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what is going on, can we view our pics or not, showing other peoples questions is no help....: what is going on, can we view our pics or not, showing other peoples questions is no help. If another program is needed then I will buy it, please tell me the answer...
  9. BACK UP WIN10 FILES OR SYSTEM IMAGE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BACK UP WIN10 FILES OR SYSTEM IMAGE: Yes i have searched the forums, cant seem to find anyone with my problem..so sorry folks I have tried using backup and restore win7 on control panel many times now each time its failed each time i have googles the error problem and followed the instructions...still just now...
  10. How we can update our pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How we can update our pc: I am posting this comment because of I a new Microsoft user and i don't know how to use how to properly update our pc so can someone tell me how to properly update our pc < Link removed by VM >...