Windows 10: Can WhatsApp desktop continue running in background for pop ups etc even if pressed the X...

Discus and support Can WhatsApp desktop continue running in background for pop ups etc even if pressed the X... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I really would like WhatsApp desktop or even the Web App to stay running & connected to my account so it pop's up messages on my Windows 10 PC even if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bignose2, Feb 2, 2021.

1. bignose2 Win User

Can WhatsApp desktop continue running in background for pop ups etc even if pressed the X...

I really would like WhatsApp desktop or even the Web App to stay running & connected to my account

so it pop's up messages on my Windows 10 PC even if the App has been closed with X.

ideally minimized to system tray but at the least still running.

Only if you log out or disconnect from the phone do I want it NOT to send notifications.

I have the 3 notifications checked, the turn off all notifications UN Checked.

Start WhatsApp at Login, Checked. Does that mean at windows boot or just when you start WhatsApp as does not seem to start with re-boot.

Either way it is too easy to close X WhatsApp.

WhatsApp Web also has a setting to "Stay Logged In" but again tried with this & once closed will not pop up.

Uninstalled all WhatsApp Apps from windows & re-installed.

I want it on a PC in a office used by many, linked to a phone that is just for the odd use & too easy for someone to close it.

Currently use Hangouts desktop which is pretty good but we normally communicate with staff & everyones else via whatsapp so makes sence.

Also whilst 95% of time runs in background great & pop's up, starts with windows, it also has been know to log out if google has any issues.

:)

bignose2, Feb 2, 2021

2. Nokia X - WhatsApp

Now you can download WhatsApp for your Nokia X. Just follow the below steps:

• On your phone go to Settings > Security and allow installation from
      Unknown sources
    • Using the Web browser on your phone, download WhatsApp from www.whatsapp.com/android and install it
    • Open WhatsApp and accept their terms and conditions to continue
    • Verify your phone number
    • Follow the rest of the onscreen wizard to finalizing setting up WhatsApp and start chatting
    Good luck! :thumbsup:

marcitiedemann, Feb 2, 2021
  3. imhsp Win User
    Whatsapp on Nokia X ???

Please follow the steps properly your problem will be solved

1.Download my app "Whatsapp Launcher for Nokia x" from Nokia store.

• Install Whatsapp you downloaded in step 1 , Complete your Whatsapp login as there will be no error until you login
    4. After login complete your Whatsapp will start to show error "DEVICE NOT SUPPORTED"

5. Open app "Whatsapp Launcher for Nokia x" and there will be no error to open Whatsapp have fun.

imhsp, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Can WhatsApp desktop continue running in background for pop ups etc even if pressed the X...

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

Can WhatsApp desktop continue running in background for pop ups etc even if pressed the X...

1. Can WhatsApp desktop continue running in background for pop ups etc even if pressed the X... - Similar Threads - WhatsApp desktop continue

2. Is there a way to set backgrounds for WhatsApp desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to set backgrounds for WhatsApp desktop?: If I could customise the background or bubble colours per-contact as I can in Facebook Messenger that'd make it easier to keep track of which chat is active....
  3. Computer continuously running in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer continuously running in the background: I am using Windows 10 Microsoft Edge and I computer is continuously running which slows everything up and also freezes my icons - how can I stop please....
  4. Computer continuously running in the background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer continuously running in the background: I am using Windows 10 Microsoft Edge and I computer is continuously running which slows everything up and also freezes my icons - how can I stop please....
  5. whatsapp pop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whatsapp pop up: my whatsapp doesnt show a pop-up...i just happens to see the mssg if just casually hovered on it windows10. i checked all of its settings. evnrything is fine but still i dont get any pop ups...
  6. whatsapp pop up

whatsapp pop up: my whatsapp doesnt show a pop-up...i just happens to see the mssg if just casually hovered on it windows10. i checked all of its settings. evnrything is fine but still i dont get any pop ups...
  7. whatsapp pop up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. WhatsApp constantly running in background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WhatsApp constantly running in background?: Hi,I have installed WhatsApp on my Windows 10 computer, but the program is disabled in Startup Apps, yet when Windows initiates I still get notifications. This happens despite Task Manager not showing the WhatsApp program being active it's not in the list and I haven't...
  9. WhatsApp constantly running in background?

WhatsApp constantly running in background?: Hi,I have installed WhatsApp on my Windows 10 computer, but the program is disabled in Startup Apps, yet when Windows initiates I still get notifications. This happens despite Task Manager not showing the WhatsApp program being active it's not in the list and I haven't...
  10. WhatsApp Desktop keeps running in the background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WhatsApp Desktop keeps running in the background: Clicking "X" closes the UI but there are six WhatsApp processes that keep running - visible in the task manager. This prevents from starting the application again - clicking on its icon just causes nothing. I tried to reinstall the app (from the Microsoft Store) and to...