Windows 10: Can Win 10 AV be set to notify/ask permission before deleting files?

Discus and support Can Win 10 AV be set to notify/ask permission before deleting files? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi can Windows 10 built-in Anti virus be configured to notify and ask permission before taking any action? Today I see it deleting files as I'm trying... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lurky, Dec 15, 2018.

1. lurky Win User

Can Win 10 AV be set to notify/ask permission before deleting files?

hi
    can Windows 10 built-in Anti virus be configured to notify and ask permission before taking any action? Today I see it deleting files as I'm trying to work with them and it's intolerable. If not I plan to perm disable and use a different solution, can anyone suggest an AV that gives user full control?

:)

lurky, Dec 15, 2018

2. win 7 need perm to delete files

i have this thing on the windows 8. they need permission to delete thumbs.db files? :S
    i just access from my phone and delete them lol.

de.das.dude, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Not able to delete a file without permissions

Hi Robert,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Are you using Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • Are you logging in as Administrator?

I suggest you to temporarily disable UAC prompts, follow the steps provided below and check:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Scoka Win User

File permissions to delete file

I am trying this, but it's taking a very long time.

Scoka, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Can Win 10 AV be set to notify/ask permission before deleting files? - Similar Threads - set notify ask

2. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission: Hi,i wanted to delete a file but I couldn't because it said that some other program is using it. I have checked and couldn't find any program using it. i have opened properties window and did something there, actually a couple of things which I'm not very clear of, basically...
  3. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission: Hi,i wanted to delete a file but I couldn't because it said that some other program is using it. I have checked and couldn't find any program using it. i have opened properties window and did something there, actually a couple of things which I'm not very clear of, basically...
  4. I need help with deleting a file, asking for permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates: I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching only gives me results that are usable on Windows 10 Pro, not for Windows 10 home.My mother has a laptop with Win10 home. It is a cheap, low-end computer with only 8gb of RAM and a sealed case that makes it problematic to try...
  6. Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates: I'm sure this has been asked before, but searching only gives me results that are usable on Windows 10 Pro, not for Windows 10 home.My mother has a laptop with Win10 home. It is a cheap, low-end computer with only 8gb of RAM and a sealed case that makes it problematic to try...
  7. Set Windows 10 HOME to notify before downloading updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Is asking administrator permission to rename and delete any file on computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Is asking administrator permission to rename and delete any file on computer: The problem is that I want to create a file folder under documents under the "This PC" section in the files. I can create the file just fine, but when I go to rename it, it requires admin permission to do so. When I go to delete the file, it requires admin permission as...
  9. Make Win 10 ask me before deleting Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Make Win 10 ask me before deleting Malware: Hi All, I'm playing around with Pen-Testing tools. In some cases, Windows 10 automatically removes the tools that I'm using since the AV detects them as malware. Is there a way to make the Microsoft antivirus ask me "what should I do?" for every detection instead of...
  10. Notify Before Downloading?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Notify Before Downloading?: Hi is there anyway of Making Win 10 notify you before downloading & installing updates? Appreciate any help Thx 47792