Windows 10: Can Win10 and WinXP run on same hard drive

Discus and support Can Win10 and WinXP run on same hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can I — and how do I— install Win10 without losing WinXP now running flawlessly on my desktop ? I have held back on the upgrade to Won10 because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by b1tstg67, Nov 5, 2019.

1. b1tstg67 Win User

Can Win10 and WinXP run on same hard drive

Can I — and how do I— install Win10 without losing WinXP now running flawlessly on my desktop ?

I have held back on the upgrade to Won10 because I have LOTUS SmartSuite that runing perfectly in WinXP and, until I know that it works also with Win10, I do not want to risk losing the LOTUS/WinXP marriage.

Not being an expert, I would like to minimize risks of losing LOTUS by keeping this combination available with or without out Internet access (web access is not essential for my work here as I use only the LOTUS123 spreadsheet program in SmartSuite for complex spreadsheet work without a need for the Internet). My Lotus 123 programs are too complex for complete conversion to Excel.

Once confirmed that the LOTUS/Win10 works OK. I could then remove WinXP........If someone can confirm right away that the Lotus123 spreadsheet (in year 2002 update ofLOTUS SmartSuite — last one before program was abandoned by provider) will run with Win10, then I presume my risk prevention strategy is not required.

I have already had Microsoft confirm that my system has the capacity and features to convert and handle Win10.

What ever help can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

:)

b1tstg67, Nov 5, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Nov 5, 2019
  3. little cat, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Can Win10 and WinXP run on same hard drive - Similar Threads - Win10 WinXP run

2. EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10: Are there any drivers and instructions on how to make EMU APS sound card, work with Windows XP ?If support for WinXP ended i can work with Win7 or Win10.Thanks...
  3. EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10: Are there any drivers and instructions on how to make EMU APS sound card, work with Windows XP ?If support for WinXP ended i can work with Win7 or Win10.Thanks...
  4. Transfer from WinXP to Win10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from WinXP to Win10.: What system or program is recommended for videos transfer from XP to 10. I used to use Tornado transfer and then Roxio to open but now it doesn't work anymore. Got transfer all right but Win10 won't accept the file....
  5. Hard drive with Win10 keeps crashing to hard drive with Win7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive with Win10 keeps crashing to hard drive with Win7: Hello, I'm not sure if this is even a Windows issue but I thought I'd try to see if maybe anyone can shed some insight as to what the heck is going on with my computer! I have a HDD with Win7 installed and as a partition from way back when. I've since gotten a SSD with...
  6. Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box: I have an old PC that was licensed for WinXP. About a year ago I threw Linux on it, but my needs have changed. Can someone please tell me, if I installed Win10 on it, can I use the XP license code? If not, can I install XP with the code, then perform the free update to...
  7. Hard drive run on.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive run on.: Can anyone tell me why my hard drive runs almost continuously on my Windows 10 Home Edition Build 180914 rs5 release 180914-1434 and how do I fix it. Its a home built Desktop with a 1.0 TB Western Digital SATA hard drive. My Lenovo Laptop with basically the same system...
  8. Running alternative clone hard drive on same computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running alternative clone hard drive on same computer: I was just thinking of making a clone of my Win 10 hard drive and running the program on alternative months. In other words run one version for a month then swapping drives and using the clone for the next month. All my files are saved on a NAS drive and the hard drives are...
  9. Moving win10 hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Moving win10 hard drive: I want to build another computer. Is it possible to move my existing Windows 10 hard drive to my new motherboard without having to format and reinstalling windows 10? Will everything boot up as before?*Rolleyes 54214
  10. Problems using two win10 hard drives on same computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems using two win10 hard drives on same computer: My computer is running slowly; taking about 2 minutes to start up, often running slowly when typing.... I put an older image on a second hard drive, and it runs fine. However, Word documents, emails, Firefox , etc. do not have current data. I wanted to copy current info...