Windows 10: Can Win10 be installed and setup NOT to need password on bootup

Discus and support Can Win10 be installed and setup NOT to need password on bootup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I would like to turn my home built computer to go into windows without having to enter a PW. It's win10 Pro. Can that be done? 155991 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bruce19, May 9, 2020.

1. Bruce19 Win User

Can Win10 be installed and setup NOT to need password on bootup

I would like to turn my home built computer to go into windows without having to enter a PW. It's win10 Pro. Can that be done?

:)

Bruce19, May 9, 2020
  2. idigweeds Win User

On bootup w10 feeds over 120 asterisks into the password field.

On bootup w10 feeds over 120 asterisks into the password field. It has been doing this since the first bootup after the Spring 2018 Feature Update. I haven't noticed perpetual feeds anywhere else, so I don't think that is it a stuck keyboard key.
    Any suggestion as to what is going on here?

idigweeds, May 9, 2020
  3. Mal_Long Win User
    Matrox G550 AGP driver setup/install fails in WIN10

Matrox G550 AGP driver install fails in WIN10 even though install and subsequent use for dual screen worked fine in WIN7. I understood if OK in WIN7 it would be OK under WIN10. Tried running driver setup in compatibility mode as both Vista and WIN7 but
    still fails. Driver version is 6.0.6.0 dated 06/02/2009 which did list WIN10, WIN8.1 etc against it.

Driver is listed as an option in device manager, browse computer, and choose from list; but this fails with 'driver does not support this version of windows'. RUN command of pnputil lists the driver as an INF file.

Noticed the System32 files listed in device manager driver details under WIN7 not there in WIN10. I thought maybe the setup/install should have done that, but copying them to same locations on the WIN10 PC has same fail when updating in device manager.
    (So when do those files get copied/installed - as part of said setup or when installing the driver?).

Wishing to transfer the card to a more powerful, WIN10 compatible, refurbished PC build (an even older G400 card has successfully taken its place back on the WIN7 PC). Card works fine as 'Microsoft basic display adaptor' but only as single screen.

Is there any work round?

Mal_Long, May 9, 2020
  4. Shoshi Win User

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Can Win10 be installed and setup NOT to need password on bootup - Similar Threads - Win10 installed setup

2. kmode exception not handled on bootup Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kmode exception not handled on bootup Win10: Everytime I boot up with Windows 10 I get the BSOD with the stopcode kmode exception not handled. The dump file gives the bug check code of 0x0000001e and says it is caused by driver ntoskrnl.exeI have 1 run the memory test and all is OK. 2 Run the system file check and all...
  3. kmode exception not handled on bootup Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kmode exception not handled on bootup Win10: Everytime I boot up with Windows 10 I get the BSOD with the stopcode kmode exception not handled. The dump file gives the bug check code of 0x0000001e and says it is caused by driver ntoskrnl.exeI have 1 run the memory test and all is OK. 2 Run the system file check and all...
  4. Win10 Slow bootup 155secord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Slow bootup 155secord: Hi everyone, I am having 2 sets of Intel NUC10, both are installed with WIN 10 Home. All BIOS and drivers are correctly installed and they are the latest from Intel. All windows updates are installed without issue. But my boot up is very slow, both are the same, which...
  5. Win10 Welcome now needs password ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 Welcome now needs password ?: My master PC was upgraded to Win 10 Pro (bona fide) such that it would launch the Welcome screen at start-up, without a password, and without logging into a Microsoft account. However, after trying to rectify the Xbox app, which involved my accessing my Microsoft account for...
  6. Win10 Welcome now needs password ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Welcome now needs password ?: My master PC was upgraded to Win 10 Pro (bona fide) such that it would launch the Welcome screen at start-up, without a password, and without logging into a Microsoft account. However, after trying to rectify the Xbox app, which involved my accessing my Microsoft account for...
  7. slow bootup; win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    slow bootup; win10: Have been searching for KB articles regarding fixing slow boot up times, but I have not found any. Anyone know of documented steps to take to clean-things-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-bootup-win10/e8018bdf-f65a-4324-b105-a74429c14055
  8. Stuck on windows setup menu on bootup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on windows setup menu on bootup: I am trying to reinstall windows from a flash drive, however whenever I restart my pc, it reverts back to windows setup. It even installs the new version, but when it has to restart to finalize, it goes back to the first setup menu. Please help? submitted by /u/Ezraa_joseph...
  9. Needing a password to enter f12 setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Needing a password to enter f12 setup: Hi! A couple of months ago my computer automatically did a Windows 10 update, something happened, it never updated and now is on a continual loop trying to restart to a previous version. When I press f12, I am asked for a password. I don't have one! I can't get into setup at...
  10. how to password protect on bootup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to password protect on bootup: I hope someone can help.....I cannot seem to find the setting to get my laptop to ask for a password upon booting! *cry Ive looked in the accounts setting and cant find anything. The nearest I have found is under the accounts/sign-in options/require sign in but I only have...