Windows 10: Can Win10 Make More Than One Copy of File History?

Discus and support Can Win10 Make More Than One Copy of File History? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can I make more than one copy of Windows File History? I currently save my File History backups to an external hard drive. I was wondering if I could... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MikeShelleen, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Can Win10 Make More Than One Copy of File History?

Can I make more than one copy of Windows File History? I currently save my File History backups to an external hard drive. I was wondering if I could also save a second File History to a USB "thumb" drive? I could use the external hard drive to save a File History once every two weeks or so and use the USB "thumb" drive to save a File History every couple of days. It's so much faster to just plug in a USB drive than to take out the external drive out of the case, attach the cord, run the program, disconnect the cord, pack everything back up again and put it away. The USB "thumb" drive is also so much smaller and convent to take with you when you are traveling.

Thank you for the help.

:)

MikeShelleen, Mar 2, 2019

2. File History never copies anything

Hi,

Temporary system failure is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve the issue, we suggest deleting the files in the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More Options.
    • Click Stop using this drive.
    • Delete the File History folder on your external drive.
    • Try again to add the USB drive to backup File History.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Mar 2, 2019
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Can Win10 Make More Than One Copy of File History?

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

Can Win10 Make More Than One Copy of File History?

1. Can Win10 Make More Than One Copy of File History? - Similar Threads - Win10 More Copy

2. Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days: Windows' Activity History is extremely useful feature, but it only stores last 30 days. Is there a way how to change it / extend it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activity-history-extend-history-to-more-than-30/dcd27039-fdb2-4629-b4d3-f78e5711ddd6
  3. Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days: Windows' Activity History is extremely useful feature, but it only stores last 30 days. Is there a way how to change it / extend it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activity-history-extend-history-to-more-than-30/dcd27039-fdb2-4629-b4d3-f78e5711ddd6
  4. Activity History - extend history to more than 30 days

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. more than one MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    more than one MBR: My OS disk boots from start on in XP. Still need that OS as my UMAX 2200 scanner is only fully supported by XP drivers. Later on bought W7 ultimate and installed it as multiboot. EasyBCD does the trick. No problem. Runs both. Had to upgrade to W10. As W10 tells me how to run...
  6. File History Backup making multiple copies

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Backup making multiple copies: Have a 1TB BU external drive that I noticed was getting filled up.<br>Found one of the problems in my "File History" where I saw multiple copies of the same data.<br>I've attached a small sample of one section of "File History" and the "Properties of 1 of the multiple files,...
  7. One license for more than one versions.

One license for more than one versions.: I got a laptop with pre installedWin 10 pro Education. It is about two weeks ago I went to perform factory restore for my DELL laptop So when I run the OS recovery tool of DELL It gave me an option to download Windows 10 Professional . As my Factory restore image I got...
  8. Highlight more than one pic. or file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Highlight more than one pic. or file: Before, as in week before last I was able, to have a small box at the top left corner of pictures, or files so could check more than one to move or copy, now I have to hold down the ctrl. button & it is a pain. I do use the ctrl lots of times, but it makes it easier if I had...
  9. OK to use File History for more than one account on same external drive?

OK to use File History for more than one account on same external drive?: We are considering creating two backups of each of our two computers. We have two external hard drives, but we're not sure if we need four! Will File History create backups for two different computers on the same external hard drive?...
  10. File history making unnecessary copies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File history making unnecessary copies: W10 File History backs up all files instead of changed files only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-making-unnecessary-copies/7b8c2265-1a8f-45c6-ab13-3e12cee6180f"